PDA

View Full Version : Teenagers Are So Dumb.....

Tyler
08-12-2005, 08:52 PM
4 teens were arrested at 3:30am in my driveway for drinking in there car with there car running and there lights shinning into my bedroom. My neighbor saw a suspicious car in our driveway(we share it) and new it wasn't one of our cars so she called the cops. 3 cruisers pulled up an arrested them. From what i hear they all are loosing the licenses till they are 21. Teenagers are sure as hell dumb these days.

Don't mean to offend any teenagers here but damn use ur head a little...

schussey
08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
those effing teens! kill them all.

that isn't really a brilliant idea, to go drink in your car in a random persons driveway

-chris

Tyler
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
those effing teens! kill them all.

that isn't really a brilliant idea, to go drink in your car in a random persons driveway

-chris

2 house up from a dead end street. I live on the water and there is a parking lot at the point and a walkway right there. Why wouldn't u park ur car there and sit on the rocks on the wall looking at the water.

bmw318tiChic
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Stupidity isn't limited to teenagers, everyone these days seems to be getting dumber.

Dredder
08-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Stupidity isn't limited to teenagers, everyone these days seems to be getting dumber.You girl are absolutely correct.

bluebastion
08-13-2005, 03:55 AM
The degradation of human beings is sad. And to think, there was such a thing called: Humanist (Or humanistic thought).... the inevitable positive progression of man kind. What a lie.

bmwracerchick
08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
im so glad that in 8 months I wont be considered a teenager anymore lol! Ya I have to admit my fellow teens are extremely retarded....they give good people like my boyfriend and me bad names. We both dont drink, we are very responsible and pay for almost all of our stuff. We dont do drugs or anything of that sort. We are the "good" teens and its hard to find others like us. Such is why I love him so much :hehe:

robcarync
08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
bmwracerchick not into drugs or alcohol...drives a TI...lives in FL...I THINK IM IN LOVE! :-)

yeah im a 'good' kid too you could...though i got a speeding ticket last weekend so im not so perfect anymore in my parents eyes lol

teens are dumb!

bmwracerchick
08-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Ya ive gotten a ticket and was able to get out of another. Both were extremely stupid. The first was because I didnt make a complete stop turning right on red but the light just turned red as soon as I got to it and it was a specific turning lane that I thought you just yield. Luckly I was able to get out of it later thanks to my dad and uncle being cops ( I know you can hate me for that I wasnt expecting it). The second was really retarded. Where I go to school there was construction and it was always a 35 mph zone. So I was going 36. The damn state trooper walked into the middle of the road and directed me into the school, I thought it was just a detour so I gladly pulled in. Then he told me to stop and asked for my license and registration...I was like WTF. I was like I wasnt speeding. Well sure enough it was changed to 25 so I was was going 11 over in a construction. I was hoping to get off with a warning but he was at least nice enough just to give me an $80 ticket for not following road signs versus the $350 ticket I was facing.... So I guess im not exactly that perfect.....

AlaskaBlue
08-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I am a good teen too I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I can deal with being around it, but what I can't stand is teens treating women like objects.

People do it to my girlfriend when I am not around. It drives me nuts. Most guys don't seem to have a bit of respect for women. :mad: :mad:

aceyx
08-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Stupidity isn't limited to teenagers, everyone these days seems to be getting dumber.
i think that overall, people are getting smarter.

it's just that the population is growing, so the number of stupid people increases as well.

durnadupa
08-14-2005, 12:40 AM
I guess I am a little bit of a conartist... All the other parents think I am this great guy, smart, athletic, you know the good stuff. My parents however, know what I really am. I am not even gonna bother saying I am "a good teen." I know damn well I am not. I mean I am still recovering today from spending the majority of last night at a bar in NYC. Hey, I make friends wherever I go... and when you speak the same language as the bartender (Ukrainian) you end up taking a few rounds of shots together. I don't smoke sober, I hate cigarettes. But when drunk I have been known to smoke cigars among other things. I do love the hookah however, and I was at a hookah bar last nite when I wasn't in the Ukrainian bar.
However, I did treat women with the utmost respect. Keyword is DID though. I know it isn't fair to blame all women for one that screwed me up, but hell I will do it anyway. I have a few good female friends that I stil respect though, that is just because we grew up together. Anyone else probly won't be so lucky...

adamud
08-14-2005, 05:11 AM
Driving drunk in a TI is like one intesnse video game. Im not going to say anything about drugs and driving. all i know is this car has the best hiding places for your goods.

bmwracerchick
08-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Durnadupa: You are younger then me (looked at you info) and you do stuff like that? Shame on you. I blame 90% of bad teens who smoke, drink, and do drugs on the parents because half of them dont care, arent there, or sickening give this crap to their kids. When I have kids and if any of them do anything like that I am gonna give a good one two. I agree with you that you shouldnt disrespect women because of what 1 girl did. There are plenty of woman that I just want to kick them in the face because of the rep they give other women....mainly how idiotic they are. Those are the woman you see in bars getting ****faced and taken advantage of by any one with 3 legs. Honestly, you shouldnt be drinking its a disgusting pointless habit especially underage. What is more disturbing is kids who drink, then say how F***ed up they get the next day and brag....what is so great about puking in the toilet the next day just to wake up to reality realizing how much of a moron you are for getting drunk so then you drown yourself out that night and start it all over again......makes me so mad.

(touchy subject cant you tell?)

DGWGuitars
08-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Being a "little" beyond my teenaged years, I'll have to say that although some denigrate current teenagers, each generation has their own stupidities, which I guess comes from just being a teenager. My "teen" years were in the 60's, but we too had our share of stupid (and sometimes fatal) driving incidents, substance abuse (generally alcohol, but including pot in the late 60's), and experimentation of various sorts. Generally things that piss off the older generation. Somehow most of us managed to become reasonably respectable members of society, although I sometimes question the intelligence of some of my generation that are the current leaders of the United States.

hubrisin
08-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Youth is pock-marked with stupidity on some level, and adolescents is epitomizes children's transition into adulthood, and mistakses are made too many times. What I can't forgive is a lack of discretion, someone not using common-sense, or a little logic.
My younger sister (26) and I (30) had a little intervention with my kid sister (17) for doing similiar things like those other teens. Basically drinking and fooling around with boys (no drugs or smoking) but she was caught by us. We punished her not for the drinking but putting herself into situations without considering the consequences, and we had proof of her lack of better judgement (her blog left no detail out).
She has been punished not for drinking or having sex, but acting carelessly, not thinking her actions through, and endangering herself. We made her accountable for her actions, and if you don't hold a teen accountable for their actions going to run wild.
More people/parents need to instill a sense of responsiblity in theri teens before they're adults.

schussey
08-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Durnadupa: You are younger then me (looked at you info) and you do stuff like that? Shame on you. I blame 90% of bad teens who smoke, drink, and do drugs on the parents because half of them dont care, arent there, or sickening give this crap to their kids. When I have kids and if any of them do anything like that I am gonna give a good one two. I agree with you that you shouldnt disrespect women because of what 1 girl did. There are plenty of woman that I just want to kick them in the face because of the rep they give other women....mainly how idiotic they are. Those are the woman you see in bars getting ****faced and taken advantage of by any one with 3 legs. Honestly, you shouldnt be drinking its a disgusting pointless habit especially underage. What is more disturbing is kids who drink, then say how F***ed up they get the next day and brag....what is so great about puking in the toilet the next day just to wake up to reality realizing how much of a moron you are for getting drunk so then you drown yourself out that night and start it all over again......makes me so mad.

(touchy subject cant you tell?)

how about you let people make their own choices, and don't get on them for doing something you don't agree with. Stop preaching about how terrible underage drinking, or even drinking in general is. Alcohol is not the terror, it is the inability to make responsible choices.

I'm not even going to get into the benefits of marijuana being legal.

I do agree with you on one thing, the fact that kids brag about getting messed up. Drinking is drinking, smoking is smoking, it does not make you any more awesome if you do it, or don't do it.

I'll straight up say it. I drink, I smoke. So why don't you crucify me for it.

-chris

1996 328ti
08-14-2005, 06:06 PM
I'll straight up say it. I drink, I smoke. So why don't you crucify me for it.Teenagers of all ages do dumb things. There are plenty of things I regret but it doesn't make me any worse for it. It's all part of the life experience. Some people learn from their mistakes, some learn from others' mistakes, some don't learn at all. Someone who does not smoke or drink is no better or worse than someone who does. It is how responsible people are that counts. And growing up in the 60s, I was far from responsible.:frown:

schussey
08-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Some people learn from their mistakes, some learn from others' mistakes, some don't learn at all. Someone who does not smoke or drink is no better or worse than someone who does. It is how responsible people are that counts.

Exactly. I could not have said it any better myself.

I just really bothers me when people get an elitist state of mind, simply because they do not partake in drinking or smoking.

Just because society as a whole tells you how bad intoxicating substances are, does not mean that the people who use these are. Compare our governments prioritys to those of Canada, England, or somewhere else for that matter. Just take a look at how backwards ours have become.

-chris

durnadupa
08-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I respect people's opinions on this topic of drinking and smoking, it is one of my favorite things to argue about. My main problem with drinking is that if I am 18, and can go to war and can get married why can't I drink? Despite the fact that I have been drinking long before that, but my belief is hte age should be at 18.

People share their views with me all the time, I respect them no matter how idiotic they may seem. But it is when people try to force them on me and change me is when I get pissed off. I have this good friend who I just started talking to again after not speaking since middle school, he has turned into an "evangelist" Now his views are crazy, he is hardcore "Jesus is my man" but he has amazing ideas. This summer I have felt terrible and times when I needed support most he was there and talked and talked. He showed me that it isn't worth it to go crazy about. But he also hates the fact that I drink and occassionally smoke, but he doesn't try and change it.

I'm not bragging about how trashed I get or how miserable I am in the morning. My family actually has been known to get bad hangovers and that is why a majority of my dad's side doesn't drink. I hate the morning afters, and swear that I will never drink again afterwards. But then next party I am at and I see it, I think was the hangover worth the fun? Yes it was.

I drink yes, but drink and drive? Never. I either don't drive to parties or if I do I make sure I give my keys to someone who will make sure I won't drive away. I know what happens when you drink and drive. It isn't good. I'd rather sleep in someone's backyard than have to deal with the consequences of drinking and driving.

On the woman issue, eh at this point I have a bitter taste still in my mouth. So I am not showing any respect. However, I did treat them with respect though I knew they were two faced and can turn on you in a second. I mean most of my good friends through the years have been woman/girls, for one reason or another the friendships die. About the woman that get drunk in a second, that is why the women that I drink with can handle their alcohol. I can't stand taking care of people drunk after two beers. And if they can handle more than me, the better. Then they can take advantage of me :wink:

adamud
08-14-2005, 07:07 PM
I wouldnt take back any moment of doing all the illegal things and alcohal consuption for anything. I personally dont think i would have been happy being a sober person up to this point.

bmwracerchick
08-15-2005, 05:41 AM
Ya im sorry for just ganging up and making a big deal about it but I have seen too many of my friends screw up their lives for drugs and drinking. I have a natural hate, I have seen what it does to people, how it hurts others. I am not saying I will never drink, but im 95% against underage drinking. The 5% I am only for on occasions with family, because I have had my wine and champaigne only with my family there. But to drink to get drunk is moronic....why do it? Smoking I hate because half the people in this society that smoke are extremely rude about it. I was cheering when the law here in Florida passed that all indoor smoking in public places was forbidden. I hate the smell of it and im allergic to it to the point I can pass out if its all around me. I just dont understand the point of it, its disgusting, doesnt help you at all, causes too many medical problems and is a waste of money. If you do it to be happy and relaxed when stressed....eat chocolate, it makes you happy, doesnt make you smell, and it tastes good. Why should I suffer from second hand smoke when I made the decision to be healthy and not do it. I am 100% against drugs that get you high or stoned or whatever it does. Dont tell me pot doesnt have its long term affects because you need to meet a couple of people I have come to know thru work who smoke it like everyday and they are dumber then a pile of rocks (not naturally dumb then again your an idiot to do it in the first place) Think about it too, when you have kids how would you feel if you found out they were doing drugs? How would your parents feel if they knew? My parents would be disapointed and that is a huge part on why I stay sober and im very happy to have such parents that would kick my butt if I ever did something like that. These are my opinions on this, I am sorry if it offends anyone but that is how I feel. Its all completely pointless, it has no benefit to you at all. I am a caring person who tries to help people, and this is something I hope to better prevent teens from doing. Because I know when I have kids....im scared to know what they will be facing as teenagers. I just hope they make the right decisions like I have.

robcarync
08-15-2005, 07:14 AM
my view: i dont partake in activities like that...ESP alcohol...my older sister is already screwing up her life at 20 from alcohol....underage drinking ticket, getting fired from her job for coming to a YMCA camp hung over in the morning, getting drunk and just making an ass of herself.

as for smoking...i cant stand the smell...i have allergies...i start caughing when im around people smoking. its pretty much cause my grandma smokes all the time...and ever since i was a tiny little tot, its made me sick.

i also however dont look down upon others for making different decisions...it is entirely possible for someone to drink or smoke and still be smart about it, but as long as they respect my decision to not do it, then im straight with them.

i hate it when im hanging out with people and people give me crap about me not drinking...its just lame.

prd318ownr
08-15-2005, 12:17 PM
just turned 20.....LOL wipes sweat off forehead...

cali-ti
08-15-2005, 03:13 PM
as i see it, our laws regarding alcohol consumption are pretty stupid. the fact that we have them and set the age as high as we do, sets up our youngsters for the exact problems that we see in high school and college (binge drinking, drunk driving, alcohol-related deaths). we deny people we consider adults who are able to go off into the military and die for our country the "right" to drink alcohol. does this make any sense? imho, no. if young people were allowed to drink at a younger age, they would generally not be inclined to abuse it once they are older and in college (when they finally are legally allowed to in this country). it wouldn't be the big "thing" it is now. when you demonize something, people who are at the age of rebellion (teens mostly) are going to flock to it. if the age were lower, i believe more young people would learn to drink responsibly (and that's what it's all about) and there wouldn't be as many issues with high school and college age people going over the top with it.

that said, we should have stringent laws against drunk driving that are actually enforced. these should be reasonable laws too. they keep lowering the blood-alcohol content to the point where soon anyone who's had one drink in the last hour will be legally too drunk to drive. it's getting to ridiculous levels and it's not stopping the people who truly are a menace on the road with levels that are incredibly high and at which any sane person would not attempt to drive. the "dragnet" is now getting people who are fine to drive and will not be sliding into a family of six on their way home. the effects of MADD and the happiness of law enforcement to get more income in their pockets has pushed it too far. the habitual drunk drivers don't care about the laws, they drive loaded even after their license has been taken! the laws aren't stopping them. they'll go until they do kill someone and are thrown into jail. those are the people we should be creating laws for, that might actually protect the public.

nick_hegel
08-15-2005, 05:38 PM
4 teens were arrested at 3:30am in my driveway for drinking in there car with there car running and there lights shinning into my bedroom. My neighbor saw a suspicious car in our driveway(we share it) and new it wasn't one of our cars so she called the cops. 3 cruisers pulled up an arrested them. From what i hear they all are loosing the licenses till they are 21. Teenagers are sure as hell dumb these days.

Don't mean to offend any teenagers here but damn use ur head a little... I agree this situation is amazingly stupid. But in all reality making mistakes and learning from them is a fun experience in the long run. This is how it is in my case at least. I did lots of things that were stupid, BUT I'm glad I did them because I learned a lot about myself and the world. None of us know these kids personally, so it's somewhat judgemental to say that they are stupid or lack common sense. I doubt they have any real ideas as to the legalities of booze and where it should and should not be consumed. Teenagers worlds are very small and they tend to be narrow minded about things.

Alcohol is loads of fun too!! Drinking until you can't walk or have a hangover is stupid, but can stil be fun. However, when I've had any amount of booze it has always made for a great time/experience. I do see where you come from bmwracerchick, I lost a good friend in highschool to severe drug use and it all started with pot. :mad:

BTW I am 21 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! yay

Tyler
08-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I agree this situation is amazingly stupid. But in all reality making mistakes and learning from them is a fun experience in the long run. This is how it is in my case at least. I did lots of things that were stupid, BUT I'm glad I did them because I learned a lot about myself and the world. None of us know these kids personally, so it's somewhat judgemental to say that they are stupid or lack common sense. I doubt they have any real ideas as to the legalities of booze and where it should and should not be consumed. Teenagers worlds are very small and they tend to be narrow minded about things.

Alcohol is loads of fun too!! Drinking until you can't walk or have a hangover is stupid, but can stil be fun. However, when I've had any amount of booze it has always made for a great time/experience. I do see where you come from bmwracerchick, I lost a good friend in highschool to severe drug use and it all started with pot. :mad:

BTW I am 21 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! yay

Seriously though,dead end street, car running in my driveway at 3 in the morning with 5 houses around this car(within 10-15 feet). I have known some people to do some really dumb things but this is just plain out stupid. How often do you have people drinking in your driveway at 3in the morning? This is the stuff you see on COPS when you have drunk teens in a car with drugs of some sort thinking there smart and hiding from people but not realizing you could probally hide better in the police parking lot.

nick_hegel
08-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Seriously though,dead end street, car running in my driveway at 3 in the morning with 5 houses around this car(within 10-15 feet). I have known some people to do some really dumb things but this is just plain out stupid. How often do you have people drinking in your driveway at 3in the morning? This is the stuff you see on COPS when you have drunk teens in a car with drugs of some sort thinking there smart and hiding from people but not realizing you could probally hide better in the police parking lot. Just this weekend actually! Not in a car though, just a big house party/kegger.

I agree it is stupid, but I'm guilty of doing things that had less logic and thought when I was younger(Nothing that involved booze). Fortunately no one was hurt and it can be something they look back on and laugh about their retardation. :biggrin: If it happened on my own street though I'd be pretty pissed off about their lack of responsibility. But this may have been the situation thats gets them to grow up a little

durnadupa
08-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I actually am known to pass out in people's driveways at 3am... But am eventually rolled over to the correct household.

I am merely 18 now, damn I don't like saying that, cuz now I can actually get in trouble for things. I have done my share and then some of stupid things, some of which I won't talk about here. But the thing is, I learn from it and have a blast during it.

When I am at a party and I see someone who says, "No I am not drinking tonight." I am sure they have a reasonable excuse and I am not gonna force it on them. It is there decision to not drink, I respect it. It is mine to drink, and I would appreciate it if people respected my decision too.

I actually think that the night is more fun when the day after you try to piece together memories from the night... it makes it that much more amusing the next few days. Like this past weekend I went upstate NY for a little party, and the next day as I was drinking coffee at the table my friends are telling me how I was half naked and hugging trees singing songs. Do I remember this? No. Did it happen? Most likely yes, and it is funny when you think about it.

adamud
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Take France as a subject for kids drinking way underaged than America. Over there kids can have wine for lunch if they want to. Its apart of their life style and people dont abuse it as much as Americans. I personally think people do drugs and drink is bc its illegal (not drinking) and since there are restrictions people want to break them.

Why would any one pass out in a driveway. I always park my ti in a rich neighborhood and on the street. Your neighbors wouldnt have bothered those drunk kids if it was in the street.

Tyler
08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Your neighbors wouldnt have bothered those drunk kids if it was in the street.

On Private Property you'd be surprised.

schussey
08-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Ya im sorry for just ganging up and making a big deal about it but I have seen too many of my friends screw up their lives for drugs and drinking. I have a natural hate, I have seen what it does to people, how it hurts others. I am not saying I will never drink, but im 95% against underage drinking. The 5% I am only for on occasions with family, because I have had my wine and champaigne only with my family there. But to drink to get drunk is moronic....why do it? Smoking I hate because half the people in this society that smoke are extremely rude about it. I was cheering when the law here in Florida passed that all indoor smoking in public places was forbidden. I hate the smell of it and im allergic to it to the point I can pass out if its all around me. I just dont understand the point of it, its disgusting, doesnt help you at all, causes too many medical problems and is a waste of money. If you do it to be happy and relaxed when stressed....eat chocolate, it makes you happy, doesnt make you smell, and it tastes good. Why should I suffer from second hand smoke when I made the decision to be healthy and not do it. I am 100% against drugs that get you high or stoned or whatever it does. Dont tell me pot doesnt have its long term affects because you need to meet a couple of people I have come to know thru work who smoke it like everyday and they are dumber then a pile of rocks (not naturally dumb then again your an idiot to do it in the first place) Think about it too, when you have kids how would you feel if you found out they were doing drugs? How would your parents feel if they knew? My parents would be disapointed and that is a huge part on why I stay sober and im very happy to have such parents that would kick my butt if I ever did something like that. These are my opinions on this, I am sorry if it offends anyone but that is how I feel. Its all completely pointless, it has no benefit to you at all. I am a caring person who tries to help people, and this is something I hope to better prevent teens from doing. Because I know when I have kids....im scared to know what they will be facing as teenagers. I just hope they make the right decisions like I have.

It's funny that you are particulary against underage drinking. Does it become less harmful when the person drinking is 21 years of age? I don't think it does, maybe you can prove me wrong though.

So anybody who smokes weed, is an idiot to you? What a close-minded person you must be. That must suck.

Overall statement:

Marijuana and Alcohol > Chocolate

-Chris

motorsport
08-16-2005, 01:59 AM
It's funny that you are particulary against underage drinking. Does it become less harmful when the person drinking is 21 years of age? I don't think it does, maybe you can prove me wrong though.

So anybody who smokes weed, is an idiot to you? What a close-minded person you must be. That must suck.

Overall statement:

-Chris

I couldnt agree more, while i dont smoke pot, i have nothing against it. I do however drink. I feel our culture has made it a big no no. European cultures dont put such a focus on it so they dont have big problems with teens drinking too much and/or driving drunk, because they are less curious of its effects. When I am in Europe it is common to walk around with a beer in hand and no one looks down on you for it.
And the world would have to run dry of beer for me to pick chocolat over it.

bmwracerchick
08-16-2005, 04:29 AM

Overall statement:

-Chris

First off nothing is greater then chocolate :biggrin:

I do part take as a daughter of a cop, so I highly respect the laws, though I may be against many of the laws we have now I will never turn against them out of respect of authority. I am sorry that I find people who smoke weed idiots but those who do it non stop or at least once everyday soon fry enough brain cells to make them idiots. Its a pointless stupid thing to do that doesnt have any benefits but hurt you in the long run. You can call me the good little girl who doesnt do no wrong I dont care im proud of myself for not being weak minded and pulled into such a stupid habit. I have much more fun being sober and I actually like to remember what I did the following day. I am just scared that drugs are becoming more dangerous that by time I really do have kids I am afraid what people might try to get them to do. I do however have agree with drinking laws at such a late age. I do agree that if the laws were maybe set at 18 like they once were then it wouldnt be such a big deal to drink because its easily accesible to them. But younger then that could be dangerous....we dont want kids going to school drunk. Unfortunetly if that law was set back an age now kids would probably go crazy and drink their brains out the first year and you would see fatalities. I am sorry to you that get offended that I call you an idiot for doing drugs but did you ever think that you should be proud that I am strong willed against it? That maybe I put myself in that mind set so I dont do it? Instead of calling close-minded because I made my decision to be smart and not do it? I know there are medical break thrus on weed, that it can help BUT only for medical reasons not to get yourself high so you can escape the world for an hour just to come back to it. I just find it weak to drown yourself in a drug or a drink so you can escape reality just because you cant handle it the safe and healthy way. Kids my age say they smoke or drink because something really bad happened in their life. Well I can say my life wasnt a picnic, it was a real **** box but I managed to help myself without the use of a drug. For that I am close-minded I guess. I just feel their are better alternatives then hurting yourself for a 5 minute joy ride in la la land or getting completly wasted. I dont expect to change the world and make people stop, that is not my intention, only to maybe better help those make better decisions. I wont stop you for doing what you do, that is your choice, but dont call me close minded either on saying what I firmly feel strong about.

1996 328ti
08-16-2005, 04:43 AM
I'm gonna have to call a time out here. ;)

aceyx
08-16-2005, 04:54 AM
what about gasoline? it's a known carcinogen, bad for the environment, and is historically the source for human rights violations.

but it goes in all my toys and makes me happy, and i'm not stopping any time soon.

truth be told, all in moderation, all in fun. once you start to get mad serious about your drugs or your drinking or whatever weakness you have, then it's time to stop.

that goes for chocolate too (haven't you seen willy wonka?)

durnadupa
08-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Actually, not that I am necessarily for the legalization of marijuana or anything, I do believe in the pros of it. And coming from a highschool that majored in medical science I came across many studies in my Anatomy classes of Marijuana benefits and risks. It actually doesn't "fry your brain cells" as you say racer-chik. There was a study not too long ago that showed that the common belief that pot kills part of your brain was actually untrue, and that smoking cigarettes was much more harmful to your health than marijuana. Marijuana is virtually harmless except for what you may do while you are under its grasps, that is when self control has to step in and making right decisions. But as a substance it is generally harmless.

Racer-chick, I told you that I respect your decision to remain sober or straight-edge or whatever they call it now. I do see where you are coming from, and I respect that fact that although you say your life wasn't easy you didn't turn to substance abuse. I didn't have a easy upbringing either, I slept in the same bed as my two siblings for a majority of my life. That in itself was hell. You know how many times I was pushed to the floor? But that is not why I drink, I used my ability to find humor in situations to get past that.

I drink because of the mere fact that I enjoy the taste, I enjoy the atmosphere of bars, I enjoy the effect it has on my body. I don't use it as a scape goat for my problems (usually at least, only this past month or so I occasionally have), but I am a social drinker. I have not drunk anything alone yet, and I am not planning on it.

All I ask of you is to see our side of the story, I respect your side now respect ours. I am not an alcoholic though it is a term my group of friends like to joke about. My mom threatens to send me to meetings when I show up at home hungover. But I don't go to school or work drunk, I don't do any of those things. I grew up surrounded by alcohol (not alcoholic parents or anything like that though), being an Eastern European it is very hard not to grow up with a scotch or whiskey in your hand. In fact my family or ethnicity has a tradition of giving you a shot when you turn one. It is the way I was raised, it isn't gonna change.

bluebastion
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Ummm... if I'm correct, Steven's not timing himself out. I think he's breaking up the "rabbit trail" discussion. So "resphekt hizzz a-thor-eteh!"

cali-ti
08-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Ummm... if I'm correct, Steven's not timing himself out. I think he's breaking up the "rabbit trail" discussion. So "resphekt hizzz a-thor-eteh!"
i'll drink to that! :drunk:

R.I.P. nice thread :tongue:

nick_hegel
08-16-2005, 02:58 PM
So "resphekt hizzz a-thor-eteh!" That took me a sec to figure out! :biggrin:

schussey
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
All I ask of you is to see our side of the story, I respect your side now respect ours. I am not an alcoholic though it is a term my group of friends like to joke about. My mom threatens to send me to meetings when I show up at home hungover. But I don't go to school or work drunk, I don't do any of those things. I grew up surrounded by alcohol (not alcoholic parents or anything like that though), being an Eastern European it is very hard not to grow up with a scotch or whiskey in your hand. In fact my family or ethnicity has a tradition of giving you a shot when you turn one. It is the way I was raised, it isn't gonna change.

I also have been raised in an environment around drinking. It has never been a tainted object for me, I've never had to sneak around with a few beers hidden in my room.

racer-chik: I didn't mean to say that you were closed minded, I was a bit heated at the moment. I meant that the statement was close minded.

And not everybody who smokes or drinks does it as a means of escape. It is just a good time. I always remember my session of drinking the night before, it just is sometimes a bit blurry. :)

This was a good discussion. Brav-O.

-chris

DustenT
08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Man, what a funny thread! I've never seen so many people get twisted about other peoples stuff. I have an idea, keep your opinions to yourself. You do what you want, you don't need to justify it to this community.

Our society would crumble if we didn't have the kind of people we do. That is what makes it great, we can decide for ourselves how we want to live our lives. I choose to live in the moment, especially with the way thing are going in the world. If that means drinking, smoking, passing out, puking or whatever, it's ok, it's my life. Someone end this thread, please!

Tyler
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
I never new this thread was gonna cause so much controversy. I only posted this cause i thought it was funny that someone got arrested in my driveway. I didn't mean for eveyone to get so heated on this.

DustenT
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Look what the google adds have to say about this thread!!!!

http://www.180customs.net//img/BMW/funnydrunk.bmp

cali-ti
08-16-2005, 05:34 PM
i think that's the PERFECT END to this thread :biggrin:

1996 328ti
08-16-2005, 06:05 PM
A fitting end. :)