PDA

View Full Version : WTB smoked tail lenses-Need Help

barbiesbmw
08-19-2005, 08:10 PM
WTB smoked tail lenses. Can anyone point me where to find good qulaity lenses? I have looked at all the sites people have directed me and even ebay, but they are too expensive, not what I want, wont fit, etc. Please help me. I have a 1998 318ti.

Tyler
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
WTB smoked tail lenses. Can anyone point me where to find good qulaity lenses? I have looked at all the sites people have directed me and even ebay, but they are too expensive, not what I want, wont fit, etc. Please help me. I have a 1998 318ti.

Why don't you go to lamin-x.com and buy the protective film that you can put over the tail lights and get the smoked color or black. Check it out.

barbiesbmw
08-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Well wont that peal off with time? I want something that will last and be GOOD quality.

---Went to that site, Dont understand what thats about, and they dont have the exact model.

Tyler
08-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Then spend the 200+ bucks for a new set of tail lights. I just bought this for my fogs,it will only peel of if you peel it urself. My buddy owns a performance shop and i bought my tail lights from him 4yrs ago. So i have no clue where the best deal would be.

Tyler
08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
The most i can say is read what www.lamin-x.com has to say about it.

barbiesbmw
08-19-2005, 08:30 PM
The most i can say is read what www.lamin-x.com has to say about it.

I dont mean to sound dumb, but I dont know anything about whats legal and what not. I dont want to buy something for my car that I know nothing about and that site doesnt say anything about a ti, only 3series. I want it to be exact. Ya know?! I'm sure its nice and I dont mean to down it. If I could find the right information about it for my car I may consider it. Would you mind guiding me.

Tyler
08-19-2005, 08:49 PM
I never bought this for my tails,it said for my fogs if it didn't exactly fit to cut what i didn't need off with a exacto knife or razor blade. The only thing i could suggest is to call them and ask them. Other than that if ur a member on bimmerforums.com you can search the for sale threads and someone might have a paor for sale. You just want to make sure you get the ti tail lights,i don't belive any other e36 lights will fit.

lkwd318ti
08-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Someone on our forums wanted to trade their smoked tail lights for some regular ones.
Here's the original thread. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6667&highlight=smoked)
enjoy

-Randy

Tyler
08-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Someone on our forums wanted to trade their smoked tail lights for some regular ones.
Here's the original thread. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6667&highlight=smoked)
enjoy

-Randy

t looks like those were just spray painted on. He was going to take it off with paint thinner.

barbiesbmw
08-20-2005, 04:15 AM
Yeah he had said it turned out to be spray paint.. :frown: Thank You though.

jflip2002
08-20-2005, 04:42 AM
I was also interested in getting smoked taillights and actually my headlights and foglights as well. Well, theres an autobody shop right next to my work that I deal with, that also lowered my E30 BMW. They said if I bought the transparent paint (found at paint supply stores), they would prep my tails, shoot em, and clear them for $30. I mean I'm sure it will be a little more than that for a walk-in customer, but it couldnt be more than double. So that would be about $80 for smoked taillights, that will be professional quality. And most body shops guarantee their work for either life or 5+ years.

I hope that helps, that was my choice I plan on going though!

m-technik_ti
08-20-2005, 04:51 AM
Products such as "vht nightshade" and "Folia-tec tint spray" can be used to smoke your taillights. These products can be purchased at most auto-parts & accessories stores. I did mine about a year ago and they still look perfect. If you don’t want to do it yourself, bring it to a auto-body shop, most will do it for a marginal fee. And if they hassle you about it not being street-legal, just tell them that they are just for show use, I know some shops may tell you that.

barbiesbmw
08-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure about that. :frown: I was just looking to buy some. So that I can have two sets just incase something happened or what not. Thank You for your imputs. But i'm just looking to buy real smoked lights. Sorry.

barbiesbmw
08-22-2005, 03:16 AM
All of what everyone has said is very helpful, I can't thank you enough. Thanks so much. For anyone with info on where to buy, Please Help.

jflip2002
08-22-2005, 05:11 AM
Im not sure your style, but these are on ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-e36-316ti-318ti-tail-lights-CRYSTAL-SMOKED-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQitemZ7980042011QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Theyre crystal clear with smoked over them....$189 plus shipping....

96cali
08-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Tails: look here, scroll down to the e36 section, model number MH020585, $188:

http://www.lightlens.com/bmw.htm

Bavauto has the fronts, maybe lightlens does too.

barbiesbmw
08-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Im not sure your style, but these are on ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-e36-316ti-318ti-tail-lights-CRYSTAL-SMOKED-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQitemZ7980042011QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Theyre crystal clear with smoked over them....$189 plus shipping....

Thank you so much, Exactly what I was looking for! Thank You...

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP~!~