PDA

View Full Version : Right Cornering Noise HELP!!!

andrewsarg101
08-22-2005, 06:27 AM
I have a 96' ti that I just purchased a week ago. When I turn right and accelerate I hear a strange creaking/clanking noise from the rear passenger side. It doesn't happen when I turn left though. I checked the cv boots to make sure I don't have worn joints and I just had the car services with the diff fluid changed and they didn't find anything abnormal. I looked around the wheel to see if there was anything that would get in the way when cornering and everything seemed intact. After giving up my search I noticed that the rear passenger suspension is about 1.5" lower than the driver rear suspension. I'm guessing that the spring or strut needs to be replaced, but would that cause these noises im hearing? I would really like to get this sorted out because its no fun to have a ti that makes funny noises.

CirrusSR22
08-24-2005, 03:43 AM
I have a 96' ti that I just purchased a week ago. When I turn right and accelerate I hear a strange creaking/clanking noise from the rear passenger side. It doesn't happen when I turn left though. I checked the cv boots to make sure I don't have worn joints and I just had the car services with the diff fluid changed and they didn't find anything abnormal. I looked around the wheel to see if there was anything that would get in the way when cornering and everything seemed intact. After giving up my search I noticed that the rear passenger suspension is about 1.5" lower than the driver rear suspension. I'm guessing that the spring or strut needs to be replaced, but would that cause these noises im hearing? I would really like to get this sorted out because its no fun to have a ti that makes funny noises.

I'd check the rear shock mounts, they are notorious for going bad.

cali-ti
08-24-2005, 03:57 AM
yeah, check everything related to shock and spring on that side. pull back the trunk carpet on that side to check the top mounting point for the shock.