PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas to quiet 332ti exhaust

rotation
08-24-2005, 03:43 AM
Well... I currently have the Rogue DMS and it is too loud for my liking and I am looking for a cheap alternative... thinking of a stock M3 muffler, but I am not sure if it will physically fit at the back of the ti, can anyone confirm if it will or not?

Thanks...

Steve

96cali
08-24-2005, 05:39 PM
I know there was a thread w/ pics on bf.c about using an e46 330i stock exhaust w/ minimal tweaking. Members name was clubsportti I think. Search there?

maurolin
08-25-2005, 02:38 AM
sell me your dms! I have B&B triflo.

rotation
08-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Not familiar with B&B... do you have any pics or sound clips? My DMS would be mufflers only, since the section up to the mufflers is DIY to fit around the e30 diff.

Send pics and clips to scsctmcm@mchsi.com

clex2
08-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Rotation,

I too have the Rogue DMS. I had ordered silencer tips for the DMS from Ben at RE, but decided to cancel my order because my car is not a daily, and I figured the loudness was not that bad. I don't see the silencer tips on RE's website, but maybe Ben still has some. I think they were like $25 for two. Supposedly they help quiet things down with little to no power loss. To be sure, I'd give Ben at RE a call. I am considering getting them soon if they are still available b/c I will be moving to San Diego next year and I've been reading about police stopping cars that look or sound like "street racers" So besides the exhaust, I may have to paint my CF hood, which I would prefer anyway. If you find that the silencers are still available, please let me know.

clex2
08-25-2005, 03:21 AM
I just emailed Ben. I'll let you know what he says.

rotation
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Called RE today, no more silencer tips... thnaks, it was worth a shot. They recommended adding some resonators (Magnaflow) to minimize the cabin noise. I plan to look them up on-line, but may end up trying another muffler also. Anyone have a dual inlet Supersprint for sale?

Steve

clex2
09-01-2005, 01:29 AM
I also spoke to Ben. Too bad the tips are no longer offered. If you haven't found a quieter muffler, I know that Ben at RE has a Borla muffler that was on my car before he put in the DMS. He says its quieter but will restrict some flow at higher RPMs. It's lying around in his garage, and you may want to make him an offer on it if you are still needing a quieter muffler.

rotation
09-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Thanks, I will check with Ben tomorrow.

Steve

aceyx
09-01-2005, 04:27 AM
silencer tips? is that like a baffle?

just weld a washer in there, same thing, just 1/100th the cost.

Silver00spike
10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
What about using e46 330's "vacuum control, exhaust flap"?