PDA

View Full Version : great new drink

barische
08-26-2005, 04:10 AM
well i was just trying to be creative, i think i just did it again. original peachtree snapps with o.j. on rocks, is awesome.

call me weird, call me underage, i dont care this thing tastes just great.
u all have a great night.

roadrash
08-26-2005, 05:24 AM
I don't drink much and am not familiar with "peachtree schnapps", but... your discription seems very similar to a Fuzzy Navel, which is 2oz. of Peach Schnapps and 6oz. of O.J., rocks, Orange slice garnish.

My fave mixed drink is a simple Black Russian: 2 parts Vodka, 1 part Kahlua, on the rocks.

aceyx
08-26-2005, 05:24 AM
i'd consider that a drink for the xx types. and heck, with schnapps, that's not even much of a drink.

EDIT: for future reference, very sweet drinks (such as the one you've just proposed) will give you some foul breath by the end of the night. if you intend to talk to women-folk, or at least just not have your dog turn away when you get back home, most tonic drinks keep you tasty.

Panzer_M
08-26-2005, 05:34 AM
Dr. Pepper w/

1oz Gin
1oz GoldSchlager

96cali
08-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Congrats- you just invented the Fuzzy navel ca. 1985. :rolleyes:

Roadrash- you ever see The Big Lubowski? Jeff Bridges goes thru all these life threatening scenes just hankering for some Kaluha and cream. Freakin hilarious.

This summer we've been drinking a lot of Mojitos made with fresh mint from our garden. Refreshing and potent.

nick_hegel
08-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Congrats- you just invented the Fuzzy navel ca. 1985. :rolleyes:

Roadrash- you ever see The Big Lubowski? Jeff Bridges goes thru all these life threatening scenes just hankering for some Kaluha and cream. Freakin hilarious.

This summer we've been drinking a lot of Mojitos made with fresh mint from our garden. Refreshing and potent. Mojitos are awesome especially blackberry mojitos! Try drinking straight liqour to avoid bad breath (works for me). I usually sip Absolut Mandarin or Citron is good also. Anyone ever had an "Oatmeal Cookie"??? I think thats the name. Jagermeister? with Baileys and Goldschlagger. Very strong drink!

robcarync
08-26-2005, 09:42 PM
my favorite drink is sprite

thats right just plain sprite....love it!

city
08-26-2005, 10:34 PM
my favorite drink is sprite

thats right just plain sprite....love it!

Sprite......How bout some purple drink and then listen to some screwed beats??? Thats the way we do it over here.

roadrash
08-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Roadrash- you ever see The Big Lubowski?
LOL... yeah, love that movie... can't think of any of my favorite quotes from it that won't need to be censored, but...
"Shut the f*** up, Donny!!" is pretty high on the list.

Well, I guess I know what I'll be watching tonight. heh heh

Oh, and wasn't his drink a White Russian? I'll figure it out when I watch it... I can't remember if he used any vodka.

96cali
08-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Jeff Bridges goes thru all these life threatening scenes just hankering for some Kaluha and cream.

You are correct sir! Kaluha + cream = white russian.

Anyone know of a good website for mixed drinks? :drunk:I am always reverting back to basics when I go out. I'd like to try some new drinks that the bartenders actually know how to make so I don't have to walk them thru something I barely know myself.

roadrash
08-27-2005, 04:33 AM
You are correct sir! Kaluha + cream = white russian.
BZZZT. Wrong answer. :-)

According to drinkstreet.com (http://www.drinkstreet.com/searchresults.cgi?drinkid=740&drinkname=category:15) a White Russian is:

2 ounces Vodka
1 ounce Coffee Liqueur
3 ounces Light Cream

Kahlua is typically used as the "coffee liqueur" but when in Lisbon, they always wanted to use Tia Maria and I had to specifically ask for Kahlua in my Black Russian.

I just finished watching The Big Lebowski, and The Dude always mixed a White Russian (though he once ordered a Caucasian (http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2747.html) , which is the same thing). Always vodka, always Kahlua, and the "cream" part varied. He once used powdered coffee creamer. Now... shut the f*** up, Donny!! LOL

See what happens when you f*** a stranger in the a**, Larry?

96cali
08-28-2005, 05:56 PM
I like the scene where he meets the ex wife and shes flying through the air doing a menstrual painting or such. That and when the ashes get blown back in their faces.

Dang- you're right- and why the F would they call it a Russian w/o vodka anyways? I'm rusty- gotta practice more.:biggrin:

Also good- Kahlua + Capt. Morgans on the rocks. I think the dark rum complements the coffee flava nicely. Mix that with rice milk and I called it a Sierra after the hot chick I made it for (years ago).

nick_hegel
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Anyone know of a good website for mixed drinks? :drunk: Try webtender.com

durnadupa
08-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Haha, I have a feeling this is gonna turn into another one of those threads.... The ones where there is bashing for drinking, yelling for not drinking...

Anyways, I am on the road to becoming a licensed bartender which is awesome... The classes are great, love them...

And I also don't drink mixed drinks, or that much beer anymore. Straight up plain shots of whatever. Usually a rum or vodka. My favorite shots at this point is Blackhaus and Jagermeister... Good times...