PDA

View Full Version : got keyed? yep,i need help!

PuRrinG318ti
08-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Hey there, :biggrin:
This is my first time ever getting keyed. I have know nothing about good deals are bad deals. I went to a near by auto shop and they said the estimate is $700. :confused: good or no go. the right side is scratched up one line going through the side of the car, and it seems as if someone tried to tag on the passenger door, plus the hood and the roof of the car. :frown: Good deal or bad deal.

In other words, does anybody know or recommend a better and cheaper place to go from the details ive given?

please help me, im broke and in need of a good deal. thanx. :smile:

bluebastion
08-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Dang dude... where were you parked?

Shaggy
08-28-2005, 04:26 AM
Damn that sucks...I cant really give you good advice on where to go for a better price to repair that. All I got to say is...well I dunno i'm just speechless. I mean what kind of person would do that to a Ti!?! Excuse me while I got punch something.

bmw318tiChic
08-28-2005, 05:11 AM
Yeah there were some dumbass boys in my neighborhood and they keyed my car among other things :(

Sorry, I don't know if $700 is a good deal or not, I just wanted to comment and say that people are stupid.

impulse922
08-29-2005, 01:18 AM
look around ask other places how much they would charge

1rstbmw!
08-29-2005, 02:00 AM
Id kill the people who keyed it thats all you need to do.

Sorry to hear bout your bad luck :chainsaw:

drkblu318ti
08-29-2005, 06:34 AM
I cant help you either.

But I just wanted to say that I have had my Car keyed too. It only happened a week after i got it too :frown:

S10mafia50
10-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I recommend trying meguiar's scratch-x scratch remover first. The stuff works on light scratches and scuffs. Thought i would chime in and help you out. I hope they didn't scratch your paint too deeply for this to not work! All I know is that since being in college, my truck has been keyed once(Who keys a beautiful Pewter mettalic s10???? or in your case, a 318ti???) People who key cars need to be chainsawed to DEATH!!!!!!:chainsaw: God, I hate rich suburbanites, as i'm pretty sure that is who keyed mine!! :ashamed: I hope I've helped you out, but I have no idea on how much the body shop should charge.
Andrew

PettitWC
10-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Dude, I'd shank these bitches if they did that to my car. That just pisses me off!:icon_poke

Matt-UK
10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
:_punch: Killem, Killem all!

John Firestone
10-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I am sorry to hear about your car and believe there should be a special, inner circle of hell for people who key them.

Someone keyed my first car starting from under the passenger mirror to the rear tail light before I found it a garage. If you look at your car, you will see that the sheet metal is split into sections by the air gaps between the pieces and the plastic trim strips around the body. You'll probably need to have each scratched section repainted. Repainting three such sections on my car cost about 500 DM (probably around $350–400 today). $700 to repaint a few more does not seem unreasonable to me if American and German auto paint shops charge similar prices.

Ask around, however, and be sure to find a good shop that takes the time to properly prepare the car before painting. Their work will eventually bubble up and rust if they don't.

Good luck and, again, I am sorry to hear about your car!

evalha007
10-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Some lighter fluid and a grill lighter should fix those kids up real fast!

S10mafia50
10-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Some lighter fluid and a grill lighter should fix those kids up real fast!
Holy crap....now that is just mean!!!!! They have a possiblity of living after being set on fire, but the chainsaw doesn't leave any question about it!!!!:chainsaw: :headache: LOL,sorry....I am still mad about my truck as well, plus who keys a bimmer????? I gues people who have honda crx's that are like 4 colors!!!! J/K:fingers:
Andrew

SDKmann
12-13-2005, 01:06 AM
I just had my car keyed for the first time too and I plan to get the security tapes from the parking lot cameras to find out who did it and when I do im going to break out all the windows on their car=). That seems pretty high for a scratch but I wouldnt sacrifice quality for price. A bad paint job could ruin the look of a good car as much as a scratch could.