PDA

View Full Version : E36 318TI VS E46 M3 second

mischief
08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
today on my way home back from school on the highway a E46 m3 pulls up next to me and give me that look i said to my self RACE TIME
i took a good look at his car its all STOCK
the only up grade i have done to my car is a intake and shocks and springs
and exhoust and tweaked the motor lil bit.
so im in the fast lane he cutes me of and starts pulling on me so i chase him hes jumping lanes trying to leave me and im right on his bumper and gaining.
i can see him looking back on the rear view mirror.
he messed up changing to the right fare lane from the right mid lane i changed lanes to the left as im passing him i look to see how fast im going im doing 110MPH in traffic.
few minutes later he chaches up samething he pulls on me and starts changing lanes and im right on him im not leting him go.i look down and im allready at 100mph and climbing samething happens i pass him.
and we come up to heavy traffic 40mph i tryed talk to him but he was mad he turned his head and gave me a look and didnt say anything.
so traffic start moving and clearing up
and where back at it agine the 4 lanes becomes 3 lanes and in front of us there car blocking all 3 lanes guess what he did he turns left onto the emergancy lane and passes the slow car i said hell no im not doing that he.
he scrathed his up when he was on the emergany lane the right side of hims got scratched on from the branches.

i could keeped up and beat a e46 m3 this is the secound e46 i beat
he was pissed at me i thnk he was thinking how in the world can this 4 banger **** car keep up with me.i was so happy i felt like i knoked out MIKE TYSON

H3_2.1-ti
08-31-2005, 10:44 PM
today on my way home back from school on the highway a E46 m3 pulls up next to me and give me that look i said to my self RACE TIME
so im in the fast lane he cutes me of and starts pulling on me so i chase him hes jumping lanes trying to leave me and im right on his bumper and gaining.
he messed up changing to the right fare lane from the right mid lane i changed lanes to the left as im passing him i look to see how fast im going im doing 110MPH in traffic.
few minutes later he chaches up samething he pulls on me and starts changing lanes and im right on him im not leting him go.i look down and im allready at 100mph and climbing samething happens i pass him.
and we come up to heavy traffic 40mph i tryed talk to him but he was mad he turned his head and gave me a look and didnt say anything.
and where back at it agine the 4 lanes becomes 3 lanes and in front of us there car blocking all 3 lanes guess what he did he turns left onto the emergancy lane and passes the slow car i said hell no im not doing that he.
he scrathed his up when he was on the emergany lane the right side of hims got scratched on from the branches.

he was pissed at me i thnk he was thinking how in the world can this 4 banger **** car keep up with me.i was so happy i felt like i knoked out MIKE TYSON

Dude, what's with the spelling? Is it english?

Cheers,

m-technik_ti
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
TYSON

This is a joke right?? I mean look at your sig...Did you forget to put one of these: :wink: At the end of that sentence? :smile:

stormos
08-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Wait, am i missing the sarcasm here or something??? Aren't you the guy with the ti that's sportin a huge supercharger out the hood?? :confused:

that did cross my mind toooooooo :confused:

96cali
08-31-2005, 11:36 PM
What he said. And if you were going 110 in traffic you deserve more than a trophy and kudos here. :cool:

aceyx
09-01-2005, 12:50 AM
What he said. And if you were going 110 in traffic you deserve more than a trophy and kudos here.
agreed. a swift kick to the pills is in order.

Shaggy
09-01-2005, 02:35 AM
What he said. And if you were going 110 in traffic you deserve more than a trophy and kudos here. :cool:
Lol he should of got enough kudos to of bought the Enzo Ferrari (I hope your talking about the game Project Gothem Racing). Neway nicely done, keeping up with a new M3 but, didn't you have a supercharger?

cali-ti
09-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Aren't you the guy with the ti that's sportin a huge supercharger out the hood??
i'm hoping to "tweak my motor a lil bit" in the future too ;)

GDB
09-01-2005, 04:42 AM
i'm hoping to "tweak my motor a lil bit" in the future too ;)

Seriously. I think 16psi is a little more than tweaked. Props and hanging in there with him though.

Dredder
09-01-2005, 11:18 AM
I call bs unless we get RWHP numbers..

bmwpwr
09-01-2005, 02:11 PM
I call bs unless we get RWHP numbers..

I agree. I cant keep up with my dad's stock E36 M3...

aceyx
09-01-2005, 03:31 PM
in traffic, it's less a matter of skill or motor than it is pure luck; who gets the opening and who doesn't.

i mentioned in a different thread that the relatively low power of the ti requires you to really look ahead and be able to read traffic. that may have come into play here.

i know that in my stocker, i've gotten leaps and bounds ahead of mustang cobras and camaro z28s just because of a lucky break.

Dredder
09-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Thats not a race that you can brag about. Thats just another way of playing chicken. If that ti is not pushing more than 250rwhp i call this the ultimate BS.

madfronter
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM

Thats cool you are able to remember your dream in that much detail after you wake up. Have you always been able to do that?

Gabriel_318
10-22-2005, 05:08 PM
By numbers he means a scan of the Dyno chart.

jflip2002
10-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Im also curious.... With the supercharger did you have to O-ring your head, instead of the typical head gasket? And did you have to get new rings, springs, etc?

Silver00spike
10-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Like Dredder said, without traffic in the way, and equal drivers, you need 250rwhp at LEAST to stay with an M3, especially in the higher speeds. I can't keep up to one with boltons

Dredder
10-22-2005, 07:48 PM
not to hijack threads, how'd that m3 swap turn out for you silver00Spike? what was your final tab?

Hard_Ti_Fool
10-23-2005, 06:41 AM
Dude if this is true mad props to u. Im pushin 7psi and an m3 would kick my ass!!!

b0m
10-23-2005, 10:33 AM
first, your writing style deceived you. second, racing in traffic should never, ever, EVER, be encouraged.
take it off the street.

Shaggy
10-24-2005, 03:33 AM
first, your writing style deceived you. second, racing in traffic should never, ever, EVER, be encouraged.
take it off the street.
Come on now "b0m", if he wants to get himself killed in traffic, let him. We all know it shouldn't be encouraged. Also, why would you think that his writing style deceived him? You don't know in any way if his statements were false or not. Sorry, not trying to start anything, but I hate it when people try to find something misleading in peoples writings.

b0m
10-24-2005, 07:15 AM
1. His writing style couldn't deliver the point across. Maybe I'm just thick.
2. Just killing himself isn't the problem. Hurting other people in the process is. And those people might happen to be your family.
Try to sound smarter next time,... um.. "shaggy".

Dredder
10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
We all know this is impossible. The only way this guy can beat an E46 M3 is if he was modded to the fullest. And from his past post he is not. I know he's got a custom supercharger but it’s not a twinscrew. I know he is not running more than 250rwhp. I don’t believe his setup is similar to RaiMA, another 318TI with custom supercharger running 300+rwhp. RaiMA is running a ASA sepercharger.
Remember, any car can beat a high horse power car in traffic. It's all a matter of who’s the bravest.

1996 328ti
10-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Remember, any car can beat a high horse power car in traffic. It's all a matter of who’s the bravest.Or stupidest.

Dredder
10-25-2005, 12:32 PM
^^^ or that

SDKmann
12-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Hey man if your engine is just "a lil bit tweaked" then theres no way you beat any M3 with a tis' 4 cyl.. Stories like that are no good unless you can prove that it happened.

angel318ti
01-31-2006, 08:31 AM
:bong: Man I'm going to have to second that motion. No numbers? must be BS!:bong:

HuGo
01-31-2006, 11:20 AM
i call huge BS also. The only way is if he was barely tapping the gas and he was Fng with you. Make you feel proud. Ok u said he was mad after, so ur saying he was actually trying. OR! he didnt want to go AS fast cuz he knows he has a lot of horses to push and he needs time to brake just incase, since he can really push up those ponies. And another thing i noticed, after 3 pages, u havent replied back at all. SO BS from me, but only you know the truth.

PettitWC
02-02-2006, 02:35 AM
i call huge BS also. The only way is if he was barely tapping the gas and he was Fng with you. Make you feel proud. Ok u said he was mad after, so ur saying he was actually trying. OR! he didnt want to go AS fast cuz he knows he has a lot of horses to push and he needs time to brake just incase, since he can really push up those ponies. And another thing i noticed, after 3 pages, u havent replied back at all. SO BS from me, but only you know the truth.

yeah, for real, i have to agree

rendoll911
02-02-2006, 02:43 AM
hahahha not this thread again

1996 328ti
02-02-2006, 02:45 AM
take it off the street.In VA they put people in jail for it.

DustenT
02-02-2006, 02:46 AM
It was determined in another thread that it is pure BS. We asked for details on the setup and showed a picture of a fuel pressure regulator and some hoses. He also said he was running 20psi.

1996 328ti
02-02-2006, 02:47 AM
How do these old threads make it back to life anyway?

Panzer_M
02-02-2006, 03:11 AM
I went against a e46 M3 at Sebring. I kept up in the turns better IMO, but on the back straight he shot away until the last turn, where i tended to corner better.

JPerfect
02-02-2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah, *cough* I was on the freeway, you see, and some punk pulls up next to me in some kind of porsche with his hot girlfriend... Yeah, so I'm like bring it, and he brought... NOTHING because I took his ass. I took his dignity, then he pulled over to talk to me and I took his girlfriend too...

Someone should start a comic book.

If I had an M3, honestly, I would try to race people in 318ti's just to watch them try and catch up. That guy probably egged him on for 10 miles, and wanted to see if he was dumb enough to risk going into the emergency lane.

Notice he hasn't posted in a great long while... :rolleyes:

evalha007
02-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah, *cough* I was on the freeway, you see, and some punk pulls up next to me in some kind of porsche with his hot girlfriend... Yeah, so I'm like bring it, and he brought... NOTHING because I took his ass. I took his dignity, then he pulled over to talk to me and I took his girlfriend too...

LOL

OMG this thread is old...but here goes...

SUNSET - SOME BIG INTERSTATE

I was driving on the big highway and stuff, and this dude in an '06 M5 pulls up and gives me "the eye" I was like "yeah right" 'cause his crappy old M5 was just stock, not 1eet like my 318ti with the neon green spark plug cables and modded out air filter! So I speed up slightly to about 125 just to show him I mean bizness and the idiot actually speeds up enough to pass me!

"It's on now!" I thought, I dropped it back into third and blew by him... the suction of me going by as I shifted into 4th gear @155mph sucked off his tail lights and antenna. This went on for awhile, I played with him by letting him catch up some and then taking off again. After awhile I got bored and went to McDonalds.

I read in the newspaper later that the dude sold his M5 on ebay for 12k and bought a civic.

FADE TO BLACK

HuGo
02-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Notice he hasn't posted in a great long while... :rolleyes:

thats what i said.

When i used to have my 88' toyota camry, i raced an EVO and i was beating him, BUT i was beating him cuz he wasnt racing me yet then he realized is this guy trying to race me?? and thats when he took off. So i was beating him when he wasnt racing with me back, haha.