PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle on board?

Mannydog
09-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I am thinking of getting a ti and need to transport my bike from home to where I park and ride (my bike). I don't like external bike racks if I can help it. I do this with my 88 535 now and it works great (but for some reason, 15mpg around town just doesn't seem like fun these days).

Can you fit a standard road bike frame in the back (with both wheels off, of course) and the seats up (seats up due to the need for 2 child seats)?

How about with 1/2 the seat down (I assume the rear seat is split, sorry, I'm a newbie) :wink: ?

Calgary98TI
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I easily fit my mountain bike in the back with one wheel off and the seats down. I would think that with both wheels off of a road bike it should fit. As long as it is not a really large frame. I also have Thule roof racks to carry the bike on top and it does not effect the mileage too much. I like to have the racks off so it isn't so noisy when the sunroof is open.

96cali
09-08-2005, 06:12 AM
my guess is that it will be tight and pretty unsafe for the kids back there. The bike will stick up above the seat I think. Another thought- get a trailer hitch installed with a hitch mount rack?

chepas
09-09-2005, 02:31 AM
nope, the bike won't fit without both tyres in the trunk and without folding the back seats. sorry, but our car have a nice butt, though. :yes:

sparkchaser
09-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Not to threadjack, but I have a Saris bones rack. Any idea if this will fit on the ti?

I love that rack...

cali-ti
09-09-2005, 05:25 AM
i just ordered a saris bones 2. you'll need the hatch huggers as specified on their website. huggers are like $20 shipped. i got the bones 2 as the weight is limited to 70lbs on the ti. got it for $95 shipped (w/o huggers, had to order those separate from saris).