PDA

View Full Version : Camber...

DaNO
09-12-2005, 07:35 PM
ok.. so i got my car lowered a while ago.at first my wheels didnt look too bad, but now it looks as if they are starting to pull inward from the top. I was wondering if this is a MAJOR problem or not. I know that i should probably get a camber set but i really dont wanna spend the money right now..any info would be appriciated. thanks

AlaskaBlue
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
I have my car car lowered about 3" in front and 2.5" in back. It would be a problem if I drove a lot.

It is called negative camber when the top tilts in towards the car. It causes the inside of the tire to wear because more weight is put on that portion of the tire.

I would say that the camber all depends on how much your car is lowered, how much you drive, and how long you want tires to last.

BTW post up some pics.

DustenT
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM
ok.. so i got my car lowered a while ago.at first my wheels didnt look too bad, but now it looks as if they are starting to pull inward from the top. I was wondering if this is a MAJOR problem or not. I know that i should probably get a camber set but i really dont wanna spend the money right now..any info would be appriciated. thanks

The Nitto Neo Gen tires are specifically designed to wear evenly on cars with negative camber. It should only be a problem in the rear. I was told to enjoy the extra traction and rotate my tires often. I say don't worry about it.