PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave

Tyler
09-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Got my tickets for Audioslave today for Halloween night. Last time i saw a band on Halloween(The Black Crowes) they broke up near the end of the show. The drummer walked out and a rhoadie had to play the rest of the show. The next day the officially broke up,but now there back together.

L84THSKY
09-30-2005, 04:01 AM
My girlfriend and I saw Lallapalooza in 2003 @ Jones Beach NY. Incubus, AudioSlave and Janes Addiction. Not a bad deal considering I only paid like $30.00 for both tickets. :biggrin:

Got my tickets for Audioslave today for Halloween night. Last time i saw a band on Halloween(The Black Crowes) they broke up near the end of the show. The drummer walked out and a rhoadie had to play the rest of the show. The next day the officially broke up,but now there back together.

GREX1969
09-30-2005, 09:07 AM
I saw audioslave when they came to the UK a few months ago. Stunning concert. Chris Cornell is a genius, such an amazing voice. They played Rage Against the Machine 'Killing in the name of' which Chris pulled of superbly.
I wished I had seen him when he was with Soundgarden, but Audioslave is such a great rock act and the songs are so powerful. You will definiately enjoy it :smile:

sparkchaser
09-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I saw audioslave when they came to the UK a few months ago. Stunning concert. Chris Cornell is a genius, such an amazing voice. They played Rage Against the Machine 'Killing in the name of' which Chris pulled of superbly.
I wished I had seen him when he was with Soundgarden, but Audioslave is such a great rock act and the songs are so powerful. You will definiately enjoy it :smile:

Thanks. I was wondering if Audioslave would do any RATM covers. Speaking of Rage, what ever happened to Zach de la Rocha?

MEDIA PUSHER"
09-30-2005, 04:25 PM
last i heard Zach had been working on a solo album thats not getting released, doing a documentary, and still doing some political speaking. The last new tracks i've heard him on were the one he did with Reznor, and a few vocals on Saul Williams latest release.

sparkchaser
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah...he's been working on a solo effort for what....4-5 years now? Maybe more?

At the rate he's going, when (if) it does come out, it had better be as good as and of the same timeless quality the first RATM album was.

MEDIA PUSHER"
09-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, its been a long time. I've heard, but you know how this type of news goes, that he has one done on the shelf waiting for release, and a hiphop album produced by shadow in the works... who really knows though?

sparkchaser
09-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, its been a long time. I've heard, but you know how this type of news goes, that he has one done on the shelf waiting for release, and a hiphop album produced by shadow in the works... who really knows though?

He knows!

In the meantime I still have my 'Evil Empire' and 'Battle of Los Angeles' and of course the first one. Audioslave, while very good, isn't the same. Oh yeah, and 'Renegades'.

Tyler
09-30-2005, 08:23 PM
As soon as Chris Cornell took over as lead singer you new right away the music would be changing to his style of music. If it were still called Rage it would be better than the original,even though thats a rare thing now.

The original lead signer was a dumbass,didn't he set the american flag on fire while performing and got in a **** load of trouble? I beleive if you do that you can get fined up the butt.

sparkchaser
09-30-2005, 08:32 PM
As soon as Chris Cornell took over as lead singer you new right away the music would be changing to his style of music. If it were still called Rage it would be better than the original,even though thats a rare thing now.

The original lead signer was a dumbass,didn't he set the american flag on fire while performing and got in a **** load of trouble? I beleive if you do that you can get fined up the butt.

I wouldn't go as far as saying BETTER. Different? Yes. An exceelent bland of Soundgarden and RATM? You betcha!

You can still hear undertones of Rage on some of the tracks but the Chris Cornell influence is there big time.

It wasn't just Zach; the whole band was pretty much very far to the Left. Tom Morello used to post on their official page all the time about Communist ideology and such. Meh. It was their music I dug, not necessarily their politics.

I think the only time a band improved by changing lead singers was ummmm....hmmm...come to think of it, did that ever happen?

sparkchaser
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Speaking of Halloween shows, I remember back when Nirvana was playing in Akron on Halloween night. I didn't go because of a test the next day or some other lame excuse. Plus I was all like "I will see them next time they come around". Well, we all know what happened.... :frown:

L84THSKY
10-01-2005, 08:36 AM
I couldn't be happier about Nirvana's passing....hated them :mad:

Speaking of Halloween shows, I remember back when Nirvana was playing in Akron on Halloween night. I didn't go because of a test the next day or some other lame excuse. Plus I was all like "I will see them next time they come around". Well, we all know what happened.... :frown:

Tyler
10-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I couldn't be happier about Nirvana's passing....hated them :mad:

They were one of the greatest grunge band to come out in there time. Early 90's was all about the Seatle movement. Nirvana,Pearl Jam,Soundgarden if it wasn't for them many bands would not be around today.

Tyler
11-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Well i saw Audioslave last night and the concert rocked. They played some Soundgarden and Rage songs,the place went nuts when the did ther old songs. Not sure what the rage songs were but for soundgaden they played rusted cage,spoonman,acoustick black hole sun ahh man wish it was still going on. Opening acts were 30 Seconds to Mars and Seether,i never heard of 30sec to mars but they were good,really heavy. Seether did a deftones song and a little pantera.:drunk:

atlanta318ti
11-11-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm with you. I saw them in Atlanta, and the old songs tore the place up. I'm an old Pit hound myself, and at least we had a small one going. To give you an idea of how old I am, I saw Rage Against the Machine open up for House of Pain at the Masquerade in Atlanta. My girlfriend wanted HOP (jump, jump, yeah, yeah), but I was all about BIYH. They gave away cassette tapes of BIYH! I saw Nirvana in Athens in 91 at the 40 watt. 30 Frickin' people were there. Kurt pulled down the drapes over the stage, and all 30 of us carried him around the pool table and the club while he continued to play. Yes, we had a good laugh at it, too. I don't care how commercial they eventually got after Bleach. I'm a guitar player (18 years), and there are few guitar players that play with that much raw talent. Kurt had talent you could only see come through live.

I sold my first amplifier to a friend at 14 for a ticket to the Ramones back in the late 80's and got to see the 7 foot tall skeleton Joey and the wall of amps. I spent 3 days sleeping next to the train tracks under the Omni to see the Dead at 16. Saw Primus and Fishbone for free at Georgia State back in 90(?) where the entire basketball floor was a Pit! Imagine 2000 people running in a circle. I couldn't breathe. Guys were climbing 30 feet up the light racks and swinging them back and forth. White Zombie back in 1991, just after the real White Zombie disbanded (originally they sounded more like Black Sabbath) and they beefed up the distortion. I saw GBH back in 91, too. The list goes on. There is nothing like live, raw music in a small club. I saw NIN at the Tabernacle, and this year it was at Philips arena. Not a big fan, but hadn't seen them since 91palooza (got in for $5 after the show started), and the wife was a bit of techno fanatic (TKK, MBM, KMDFM, etc...) when we dated. Just can't get that smaller club vibe in larger arenas, but I'll take what I can get.

QUESTION: Am I getting old though? Where have the pits gone. I mean the true PITS where, yes, you get a little bruised up, but when you slip and fall, 4 brethren pick you up. Even at small shows the pit was at least 50 people, sometimes 100, or in some cases the whole place. Now it seems that only my skater brethren are willing to take up arms and have some fun. And what's with all the cell phone pictures and video at shows? Will my kids end up spending more time recording their teenage and college years than living it?

Guess I answered my own question right there. I'm an old cranky fart.

atlanta318ti
11-11-2005, 03:46 AM
P.S. The rumor was that Zach D. lost his Muse (whoever or whatever it was) and ran out of inspiration for lyrics. Personally, I think he struggled with how successful the band became, and, even to me, the irony in their success was that the demographic they preached against became their largest benefactor.

L84THSKY
11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh joy. That means all the new bands that I hate, wouldn't be around.:smile:

if it wasn't for them many bands would not be around today.