PDA

View Full Version : The Definitive false alarm (glass break) fix....

scottrt
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Is to remove the microphone form the alarm curcuit board. Adjusting and eventually removing the sensitivity switch was of no help at all. Seven days after removing the microphone I have had zero false alarms, and all the remaining zones and keyless features still work as normal. Now...If I can find a motion detector to connect in its stead, we might have something that makes sense!!!!

Just thought I would mention this incase any other newbie ti owners like myself ahve inherited this annoying problem.

Scott T.

AlaskaBlue
10-08-2005, 11:42 PM
yay! I think I have the same problem. Recently my alarm has been going off about 10 seconds after I arm it. How exactly is the microphone removed?

scottrt
10-09-2005, 05:43 AM
You first need to remove the control module...which requires removing the glove box and lower valence panel The module is velcro'd to the bottom panel....which slides forward and comes free. Pull the module free from this panel its mounted to (break the velrco bond) then flip it over to release the wiring harness connector. 4 screws hold the alarm module together....remove those and the curcuit board falls right out.

the microphone is easy to identify, and is attached to the board by only two solder connections. If you dont have a solder gun I bet you could just carefully pry it off. It takes 10 minuted to get to the alarm module, 5 minutes to open it up, nueter it and reassemble it, and 15 minutes to put it back in the car and reassemble the interior.
Hope this helps........

Scott t.

Breeze30
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
AlaskaBlue, I had the same problem with my alarm beeping after I set it. It turned out to be a faulty push pin switch on the hatch. The alarm beeps to tell you that one of the sensors is bad, or that's what I was told by BMW.