PDA

View Full Version : i am new so be nice. please.

davep-uk
10-11-2005, 10:10 AM
hi guy's,

i'm pretty sure that you've all been asked this a thousand times but i am new so here goes....

i want my first mod to be a nice after market exhaust.

ive had a magnex on my old saxo, a huge HKS Super dragon on my FTO and custom made twin exits on my old Hilux Surf but what i'm really lookin for is something special!

i want my new exhaust to burble nicely, not like some boy racer cherry bomb, but a nice rumble.

any advice would be greatly recieved!!!! thanks.

Dave.

318ti_Portugal
10-11-2005, 12:13 PM
I've been debating with the same question. After some opinions and reading, I came to the conclusion that the Supersprint exhaust has the best looking fitting, performance gains and sound, in my opinion of course.

davep-uk
10-11-2005, 01:19 PM
cheers, ive not heard a supersprint exhaust in action but i have heard good things about them.

i liked the sound of all the jap exhausts ive had but they are all huge and would look stupid on a european car.

PettitWC
10-11-2005, 02:07 PM
I think there are videos of a supersprint on a store site somewhere. I know there are stromung videos on http://www.understeer.com though

cali-ti
10-11-2005, 06:18 PM
i would say from what you describe as your desired outcome, supersprint (which i have) or stromung would be the best choices. btw, no exhaust on our cars nets you much of any gain (some even give you some loss).

nick_hegel
10-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi Dave and welcome to the site! It seems to me the most common aftermarket exhausts on this site are Supersprint or Stromung. Check out this older thread to answer some questions and get some info.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6077&highlight=stromung

I can't say anything about the Stromung other than I don't really like the cosmetic looks of the systems visible end. Noise wise I have not heard it either, but I can tell you that I love my Supersprint.

stormos
10-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Dave. Since your in the uk and most of us have it already, the Magnex system would be a fantastic choice. the guys at jondel motorsport will hook you up for the lowest price too, like £50+ cheaper than anyone else i found:

www.jondelmotorsport.co.uk/html/magnex_system.html

XSBM07 is the part number.

96cali
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
From his description I think the Supersprint may be too quiet. Stromung, Magnaflow, others are louder.

stormos
10-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi-Lux.... now i'd love to do one of them.... black respray, chormes, air bags, system. job done ;)

davep-uk
10-12-2005, 08:58 AM
my hi-lux was great (guys in the US know them as 4-runners) 33" tyres and a 4" body lift. looked really good until the cylinder head went and cost me £2200 to put right.

Matt-UK
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Magnex is just what you are looking for on our uk beemers, especially if you are after a single exit. Mines been on for about 2 months and sounds awsome.
I ordered it from C.A.R extreme motorsport in watford (i live about 30mins away) so thats your best bet. I get all my stuff from there, ask for dan mayor and he will hook you up!

davep-uk
10-12-2005, 11:34 AM
thanks matt! i'll go down after work.