PDA

View Full Version : Broken into last night...

drkblu318ti
10-21-2005, 03:36 AM
So i got in my car this mornign to go to school and i noticed some envelopes that werein my glove box strewed across my passenger seat, my ashtray opend, and the gum and stuff in the little pocket in the very front of center console, on the seat, nothing missing that i could tell. Tired and in hurry cuz i was gonna be late to school, thought maybe it was my mom. Then after a while and thinking about it through out the day i realized it didnt seem like her at all. So when i got home at about 9 tonight i asked her if she had been in my car looking for something. Her reply as i feared was no. She then questioned me if i had been in her car too. and of course my answer was no. Both of our cars were broken into about 3 dollars in change taken fromher car, both unsure of how becuase we both religously lock our cars. I have a compustar alarm and she has a 04 Benz c230. So we called the police and they came and made a report... so now just nervous and unsettled we shall contiunue on. But just a warning for everyone make sure you lock your cars... you never know whose out there. Hopefully itlll never happen again.

cali-ti
10-21-2005, 03:50 AM
that kind of event is always unsettling. one of my previous car was stolen ... came out in the morning to go to work and wandered around my apartment complex parking lot looking for my car ... not there!

Shaggy
10-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Wow, that would be scary to find something like that out. Hey, my mom has an 2004 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor also. Did they take your keys and open the cars or just opened it some mysterious way?

PettitWC
10-21-2005, 05:26 AM
yeah, one morning we woke up and there was a slim jim in stuck in my mom's driver side door...later that year it was stolen right out of our driveway, like a little ass driveway, barely room for 1 car in all directions. I've been pretty lucky with break ins though (knock on wood). I also have a couple friends stealing cars when they were drunk and totaling them stories (one was the guy's mom's brand new mini van they found like in a ditch in rock creek park) anyways, that's just retards being retards but man sorry to hear about that.

Matt-UK
10-21-2005, 08:42 AM
****ing ***** i hate car thieves! I hate them *****! Ive always pictured going to my car and some little ****ers trying to break into it. Id wipe the ****ing floor with em. GRAAAARRRRRRR! Its happened before and it made me ****ing mad, they couldnt steal my car but the ***** took everything so i ended up driving round the steets shouting my head-off waitng for someone to start so i could black their eyes. I just wanna catch some **** with a screwdriver in my doorlock!

stormos
10-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh! Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh! Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh! Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh!

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What you gonna do when we come for you!

JakeNotCliff
01-27-2008, 11:28 AM
My philosophy is leave your doors unlocked at all times, and just don't keep anything in the car. Take the face plate to your radio if you can, even. That way if they're just looking for money, ID, or electronics, they don't have to break a window or do any damage to find out there was nothing in there anyway. If they're going to hotwire your car, they're probably prepared for some noise and trouble, so having to force entry most likely wouldn't stop them in the first place.

zboot
01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Well, I'd subscribe to that advice except the leave the doors unlocked part. A locked door is a deterrent. An unlocked door is an opportunity. I'd rather take the chances someone decided to continue walking by than they said, hmm, it's already open, might as well see what I can get.

JakeNotCliff
01-28-2008, 09:39 PM
It really could go either way, but I make it a point not to leave anything in my car, so even when someone does see it as an opportunity, there's nothing to take.

thesk8nmidget
01-28-2008, 11:00 PM
yeah my car is always empty besides my insurance and registration in the glove box and my two 12's in the "trunk"

but luckily for me you cant get my 12's out without opening the hatch. so no folding seats down and taking them out. plus most people stealing stuff dont know about the fold down seats. it would be cool to retrofit a lock so when you lock the doors the seats lock too so they wont fold down either.

b.u.ti-ful
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I always leave mine open and I just have a few cds and some change in there that anyone can take as long as I don't get a smashed window out of it.

tiFreak
01-29-2008, 01:07 AM
my two 12's in the "trunk"

doesn't the deck cover hide those anyways?

elchicano
01-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Yea it does, people wont know you got something unless you keep bumping your system around. Yea my box can only be taken if you open the hatch, im thinking of bolting it down or putting a bike chain just incase:biggrin:

thesk8nmidget
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
a good way to secure your box even more is use the 2 hoops in the hatch that are right behind the seats and cable down the box. and yes the deck cover does in fact cover my subs and i do turn my stereo down long before i pull into my neighborhood.

some guy asked me yesterday if my wheels cost me 1200 bucks i laughed and said try 150 with tires lol

nyle
01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
The one break-in i had (luckily not in my ti.. it was a beater cavalier), was the day after x-mas a couple years ago. smashed my window and took $1300 worth of cds.

tiFreak
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
$1300 worth of cds.

That's a lot of CDs :eek: they probably through their back out carrying them

thesk8nmidget
01-29-2008, 10:50 PM
thats not really that many cds

say he had bought all those cds at 15$ then there would only be 86 cds which easily fit into one case.

elchicano
01-29-2008, 11:30 PM
CDs? Its all about the ipod :biggrin: Small, convient, and it holds a sh!t load of songs.

thesk8nmidget
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM
they are nice and convenient, but i still perfer a nice mp3 cd with a lot of music on them.

but for road trips i do take the i pod out for sure!

elchicano
01-29-2008, 11:53 PM
they are nice and convenient, but i still perfer a nice mp3 cd with a lot of music on them.

but for road trips i do take the i pod out for sure!

Nah Cds get scratched if you dont take care of them. i put a case on the ipod so i don't worry about scratching it, so it doesn't matter where i put it at.

tiFreak
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
i put a case on the ipod so i don't worry about scratching it, so it doesn't matter where i put it at.

yeah, I should have done that to my ipod, it's covered in scratches, dents and cracks from being dropped, stuffed into my pocket with my keys, and just being generally abused