PDA

View Full Version : side lights

Blue318ti
10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I can't seem to find a place to purchase side lights for my '98 318ti. Is it me or most of the websites sell the same parts? perhaps I just haven't look on the right site. does anyone know where I can find 'em? I bought the ti 2 weeks ago and it needs a lot of care. This puppy really was let down. I started making a list of things and now I have 2 pages. (A real project). I don't like working on cars but this beemer is really attracting my attention. (I think It's possesed!!!)

robcarync
10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
www.bavauto.com

they have the 'legitimate bmw brand' parts, which are usually more expensive

if you want replicas you can hit up ebay for some for about 20 bucks a set...i got my lights from ebay and i love em

m-technik_ti
10-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I can't seem to find a place to purchase side lights for my '98 318ti. Is it me or most of the websites sell the same parts? perhaps I just haven't look on the right site. does anyone know where I can find 'em? I bought the ti 2 weeks ago and it needs a lot of care. This puppy really was let down. I started making a list of things and now I have 2 pages. (A real project). I don't like working on cars but this beemer is really attracting my attention. (I think It's possesed!!!)

Most places dont sell ti-specific parts, but if you are looking for anything from the a-pillar forward, the ti uses parts from the e36 sedan; so side markers would be from the sedan. As "robcarync" suggested, Bavarian Autosport would be a good starting point for small parts. Their prices are higher that a lot of other places, but products are usually OEM and customer service is excellent.

Matt-UK
10-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I bought these for £20 or $35.60

Shaggy
10-25-2005, 11:57 PM
I buy most of my products from bavauto.com. They have great products (no cheap ebay stuff) which are mainly OEM and the shipping is fast also. Well ok I do buy some ebay items at times, but rare occations only.

PettitWC
10-26-2005, 02:39 AM
you can also check turnermotorsports.com

L84THSKY
10-26-2005, 03:18 AM
This guy on Ebay only sells OEM BMW parts.
The auction ended, but he always relists them with a "BUY IT NOW"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8008456167&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Blue318ti
10-27-2005, 01:59 AM
You Guys are awsom and the site is too! thanks for all the input. I've learned so much about my beemer just by surfing this site alone. I'm begining to beleive BMW's are like cats,... they control their owners! lol!

myblueTI
10-27-2005, 04:38 AM
I got my clear corners and side markers for like 50 bucks on procarparts.com
Havent had any problems with leaking or anything Love em now i just need tail lights. I know that bekkers.com also sells the stuff too.

robcarync
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-92-98-E36-SEDAN-CLEAR-CORNER-LIGHTS-96-97-95-94_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33708QQitemZ8010602513QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

i got those

no leaks....look great....fit perfect. better deal than OEM IMO

Shaggy
10-28-2005, 03:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-92-98-E36-SEDAN-CLEAR-CORNER-LIGHTS-96-97-95-94_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33708QQitemZ8010602513QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

i got those

no leaks....look great....fit perfect. better deal than OEM IMO
I got that one also from ebay...

96ti
10-30-2005, 12:22 AM
ebay is a good place to buy small stuff like side markers or corner lights, a hell lot cheaper than sites like Bavauto. But if you want a decent product, projector headlights and such, Bavauto is a good place.

robcarync
10-30-2005, 03:24 AM
my philosophy on ebay...i use it for small things that arent that important/easy to mess up...such as my knock off ACS pedals...i mean all they have to do it be strong enough to not brreak when you hit the pedals....legit brand or not they serve the prupose of looking fly. same with shift knobs/ebrake handle.,..the the corner lenses...ive had them a year and no leaks or anything and they look fly.

if it came to say buying hmm brakes or other important components, i try to stick to dealers or bavauto.

that or say for like headlights, i wait and see if someone else has them...such as hypothetically speaking...if L84THSKY had his angel eye headlights and say they were junk....id not buy them....but if he likes them, i justify it by letting someone else be the guinea pig!