PDA

View Full Version : Drain Plug question

Gabriel_318
11-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Okay, first oil change is too much fun on my newly aqcuired Ti. First no one stocks the oil filter wrench locally, lots of close-but-no cigar semi-universals but no joy. Fine okay, I'll take it to friends shop.

So the monkey who did the last oiul change before I took possesion of this beauty didn't put in a crush washer. Then either way overtightened or cross threaded so it comes out only a couple threads then spins. So now I'm going to wait for a dealer to be open.

Is there an oversized self-tapping plug I can order from somewhere? I didn't see any such thing on bavauto but maybe I missed it. Or will the dealer have something for me?

I just re-tapped the pan on my mom's sentra and I don't want to hafta go that far again on mine. Please help.

John W
11-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Before you go to a lot of trouble or spend a lot of money, buy a new drain plug from the dealer and see if that works. Same thing happened to me and I have done about three oil changes since changing the drain plug with no problems. This may or may not work, but a new plug only costs a couple of dollars from the dealer.

HTH

Gabriel_318
11-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah thats why I'm waiting for the dealer to open parts counter on monday. Gonna get a stock and a one-size-over if they have one. Thats what I get for waiting till late Saturday.

Still surprised theres only two dealers with well enough stocked parts counters in Dallas/Ft.Worth area.