PDA

View Full Version : Langka touch up paint

lkwd318ti
11-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey everyone!

I was just curious about the Langka touch up paint...

Can I see pictures on scratches that were treated by this Langka stuff (Blob eliminator...I think) please?

Thanks

-Randy

dodj
11-16-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure what Langka is is it a aftermarket brand of touchup paint??

I just spent last weekend with my dad with a fine brush touched up lots of little stone chips and such.

I used bmw touch up paint from the dealer, I also have some touch up paint that the body shop colour matched.

The bmw touch up paint from the dealer also came with a clear coat which was good for filling in the chips.

I would recomend getting touch up paint from the dealer.

aceyx
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I'd check with motorwerk:

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5684

L84THSKY
11-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I've got a small ding on the passenger door, and a scuff mark on the front bumper. I realize the ding can be removed, but what about fixing the scuff. If I bought touch up paint from the dealer, would these dent removal companies sand and touch up the scuff on my bumper?

DustenT
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
....paint that the body shop colour matched.....

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

lkwd318ti
11-16-2005, 11:41 PM

Thanks.
I just looked at his profile...and it said his last activity was in August :frown:
Oh well,
But if anybody else here used it, please post pictures.
Thanks again

-Randy

dodj
11-16-2005, 11:46 PM
that's how most of the world spells colour :D

Just buy it from the dealer, you get 2 cans, the paint, then a clear coat. works great

I can't even tell, i could post some pictures if i get a chance, but it is kind of pointless since i didn't take before shots.

I plan on doing a round 2 on touch ups when i get some time, as you really need at least a full day to do it properly. so i might take some pictures if i can get a camera or something.

aceyx
11-17-2005, 05:20 AM
Click on his name and "send email." Report back if he can't himself.

cali-ti
11-17-2005, 05:25 AM
I just spent last weekend with my dad with a fine brush touched up lots of little stone chips and such.
if i did that, it would take me a week :(

dodj
11-17-2005, 05:42 AM
one thing if you get the paint from the dealer they come with little brushes, but i found them way too big and often made mistakes or paint where it wasn't needed.

Luckily if you have some turpentine handy you can rub off any mistakes you make.

Use a fine artist's brush and do several very thin layers, lettting each layer dry first, then finally put the gloss layer on to make the chip almost invisible. Less is better even if it takes you a week it is worth the time.

My dad actually did most of the touching up because he is very patient. Practice on a few inconsipicuous chips first too!

cali-ti
11-17-2005, 04:39 PM
one thing if you get the paint from the dealer they come with little brushes, but i found them way too big and often made mistakes or paint where it wasn't needed.

Luckily if you have some turpentine handy you can rub off any mistakes you make.

Use a fine artist's brush and do several very thin layers, lettting each layer dry first, then finally put the gloss layer on to make the chip almost invisible. Less is better even if it takes you a week it is worth the time.

My dad actually did most of the touching up because he is very patient. Practice on a few inconsipicuous chips first too!
it would take me a week because i have about a thousand chips on the front of my car. you get a few after 212k miles ;)