PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Sensor Replacement

buckowens
11-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi All,

First, thanks to all of you for your great site. I have just purchased a 1998 ti and this site has been invaluable.

The previous owner removed the seats to clean under them (he was a good friend), and 318ti.org told me why the SRS light was on.

Tonight, I have replaced my post-cat Oxygen sensor and would like to share a few things that helped me:

1. I purchased an oxygen sensor removal tool at Advance Auto for $10.00 and it worked like a charm. An AmPro T75518 Compact Oxygen Sensor Wrench

2. I purchased and used PB Blaster (also at Advance) as the penetrating lubricant.

Total cost was less than $120.00 for all and about 30 minutes time.

Thanks again.
Steve

DustenT
11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi All,

First, thanks to all of you for your great site. I have just purchased a 1998 ti and this site has been invaluable.

The previous owner removed the seats to clean under them (he was a good friend), and 318ti.org told me why the SRS light was on.

Tonight, I have replaced my post-cat Oxygen sensor and would like to share a few things that helped me:

1. I purchased an oxygen sensor removal tool at Advance Auto for $10.00 and it worked like a charm. An AmPro T75518 Compact Oxygen Sensor Wrench

2. I purchased and used PB Blaster (also at Advance) as the penetrating lubricant.

Total cost was less than $120.00 for all and about 30 minutes time.

Thanks again.
Steve

You don't need a special tool. A 7/8" open end wrench works great.

robcarync
11-18-2005, 12:18 AM
the special tool helps though...i think the special tool is worth it...makes things easier i think