PDA

View Full Version : OBD ll Codes! what do they mean?

Blue318ti
11-22-2005, 07:17 PM
I retrived these codes from my ti: P1423 Manufacturer control -Auxiliary Emission Control.
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A-Bank 1 Circuit Malfunction.
P0420 Catalyst Efficiency below threshold.
Has somebody had a similar experience with these codes or do you know what they mean? or where do you think we can find solutions info. Bentley manual doesn't explain much on the OBD ll codes, other than how to use the tool. Unless I didn't see the right section (I did considerable searching!):confused:

DustenT
11-22-2005, 09:28 PM
I retrived these codes from my ti: P1423 Manufacturer control -Auxiliary Emission Control.
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A-Bank 1 Circuit Malfunction.
P0420 Catalyst Efficiency below threshold.
Has somebody had a similar experience with these codes or do you know what they mean? or where do you think we can find solutions info. Bentley manual doesn't explain much on the OBD ll codes, other than how to use the tool. Unless I didn't see the right section (I did considerable searching!):confused:

Replace your cam position sensor first, it will probably clear up your other codes. CPS<$100

Blue318ti
11-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks DustenT, I'll do it during the next couple days. (I'll have to sneak it between the turkey holiday commotion) I'll let you know the results, thanks again!