PDA

View Full Version : BTS Suspension fit ti?

bmw318tiChic
11-23-2005, 11:55 PM
I was talking to my mechanic about doing something to my car to get a tighter suspension, and he recommended the BTS (Bilstein Tuner Suspension) suspension kit. He said that it was the best bet if I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I looked online, and am not entirely sure if it'll fit the ti. My mechanic seemed to indicate that it would, but many places online categorize the kit in a section excluding the ti.

Has anyone put this kit on their ti? Does it even fit the ti?

Here's the kit: http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=ED&screen=PROD&product_code=BTS7508

John W
11-24-2005, 12:55 AM
It's vague as to whether or not it will fit. Often times suspension kits that are listed for the E36 do not have an application for the 318ti.

Others correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't anything that fits a 4 cylinder Z3 work for a 318ti?

If you want a good, relatively cheap set-up, try Bilstein Sports (or Konis) and H&R sport springs (or Bav Auto springs). Such a package would be a lot less than the BTS kit.

cali-ti
11-24-2005, 12:57 AM
go to www.bilstein.com, click on product search and then do a search by make/model. i see the PSS9 and PSS systems (along with the ubiqitous HD and Sport shocks/struts) but not the BTS. you'll love the prices on the PSS and PSS9 systems ;)

aceyx
11-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Sorry to hijack, but does anybody have Penske's?