PDA

View Full Version : My New Mod

Liberalis
11-26-2005, 09:24 PM
After putting a new head unit, front speakers, and and amp & setup into my new toy, I had another MOD idea and it worked quite well I think.

I got some Blue LEDS and some really small Blue led's that are very thin and mounted on a sticky strip free with a car magazine.

I've drilled a hole into the inside top of the inner door handle and popped the lights into the hole, and then stuck the strip LED's onto the underside of the door, both wired to the footwell lights, the result is pretty cool, when the ignition is turned off the handles light up nicley, and when you open the door the ground is lit up. another sweet bit that I had not planned was the dimming effect on the LED's when turning off.

I'll get a few pics up asap.

cali-ti
11-26-2005, 11:42 PM
sounds very interesting, looking forward to pics (hopefully they can capture the effect well).

Liberalis
11-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Ok here are a couple of pics, I rushed them as you can see.

The lights in the handles
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Liberalis/Img_1598x.jpg

And the under door LED's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Liberalis/Img_1602x.jpg

cali-ti
11-27-2005, 12:51 AM
looks pretty cool.

robcarync
11-27-2005, 12:55 AM
that does look cool! nice job!

bmw318tiChic
11-27-2005, 01:04 AM
That's pretty awesome :)

Tyler
11-27-2005, 04:24 AM
You should check out my picture gallery for interior lights. I got blue leds in all the interior lights and it looks really cool,very dark and bright. Take a look for yourself...

Liberalis
11-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Cheers guys, I like tyler's idea with the footwell lights, might do that next. Going to keep the roof/interior lights white though as I could do with some light in there, lol (I'm forever losing crap!)

was thinking about changing the colour of the switches, but I think the amber/blue mix looks ok as is.

Anyone in UK know where to gete M3 style rear lights ? the BMW dealer thinks there might be a problem with fitting, any clues ?

Thanks for the input.

davep-uk
11-27-2005, 10:33 PM
ive looked for the new M3 style LED rear light clusters but i havent found any yet.

a few of the manufacturers ive spoken to wouldnt bother with such an up to date mod cos BMW dont make compacts anymore.

mischief
11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
thats sweet i like that