PDA

View Full Version : Hard Ride

drkblu318ti
12-07-2005, 12:33 AM
My ti has been increasinly getting worse on the ride quality. Would i be ok if i jsut replaced the shocks? I know that when shocks go they become bouncier, mine seems harder...:confused: Is that how it would feel, id ont realy know much about it. I know you can go to each corner of the car and push donw and see if its bouncy ( mine seem to bounce a little) the problem seesm to be more in the rear. The car has 96k miles, and i pretty sure stock suspension. I am currently planning on buying Bilstein HDs this week if thats all i really need, i dont realy have that much money to spend on this right now.

Thanks for the help, sorry if the questions been repeated.

Tyler
12-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Did this start to happen when it got colder out?

drkblu318ti
12-07-2005, 03:47 AM
sorta but it was bad before too.

96 3 1 8 ti
12-07-2005, 04:23 AM
I had the same problem as you, so I purchased some HD's and they are the best!

CirrusSR22
12-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I had the same problem as you, so I purchased some HD's and they are the best!

What springs are you running with your Bilstein HDs? IF you have the OEM sport springs, did it change your ride height at all?

Thanks!

96 3 1 8 ti
12-08-2005, 02:11 AM
I have the OEM sport springs. With the HD's the ride height did not change. I think they are the same as the sports, but the sports are meant to be used with lowering springs, which will lower the ride height.

CirrusSR22
12-08-2005, 04:22 AM
I have the OEM sport springs. With the HD's the ride height did not change. I think they are the same as the sports, but the sports are meant to be used with lowering springs, which will lower the ride height.

Sweet, I've got the OEM Sports too. I was not sure if the .6" drop that the OEM sport springs give was low enough to justify the Bilstein Sports.

Sounds like HD's are the way to go :biggrin:

Thanks!