PDA

View Full Version : Eisenmann Exhaust for Compact...

Dakar_peril
12-09-2005, 03:40 PM
As you might have seen from the other thread, I bought this exhaust and i now have it fitted! WOW! what a noise.

Will upload some pics this weekend If any of you guys are interested. Need to get a feel for the thing though, first impression are... its loud! and I can no longer hear any induction noise from the front :biggrin:

robcarync
12-10-2005, 08:18 AM
post pics! i love pics!~

Dakar_peril
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
car needs a very good clean :biggrin: will post pics up tomorrow...

This exhaust is loud! very loud!, any of you guys know how to stop the resinating noise inside the car without compromising performace? :confused:

AlaskaBlue
12-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Post up video that is what I want to hear! Can you elaborate about this TOTAL BMW Magazine project car #2 thing?

GDB
12-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I'd also like to hear sounds clips and see pics.

As for the resonating inside the car, about all I can think of is to add some insulation to your floorboard and trunk. I know on alot of cars people will put spray in bedliner (like they use for trucks) down, but I wouldn't suggest that on a ti as there are quite a few wires running down there and if you ever needed to get to them then the bedliner would make it a PITA.

Dakar_peril
12-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Here's some pics to get you going of the rear end, more to follow as I take some more this afternoon.

As for the Total BMW magazine project car #2, I work for a uk based magazine called Total BMW. My car is the second project car, after an E30 M3

1996 328ti
12-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Many times exhausts mellow out a bit after breaking in.

Dakar_peril
12-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Here's some more pics of the car:biggrin:

AC wheels not on car yet but once fully finished they will look awesome on.

Just need to sort out the noise from the exhaust.... will be looking into sound proofing the boot tomorrow...

AlaskaBlue
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Looks nice. I have read TOTAL BMW before. It is a good magazine. They had it when I was out in California and South Carolina. Keep us updated with your progress.

Fastenwerks
12-12-2005, 03:57 AM
I sell Eisenmann Exhaust, they are AMAZING! I want one for my project car. I may have to settle for it on the 318i.

With no disrespect to Supersprint, they are the best exhaust for the BMW. Period.

Tyler
12-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Car looks nice man. The exhaust should get quiter after it brakes in a bit,i'd say a couple hundred miles and your good to go.

Dakar_peril
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I was told that the exhaust had already done less than 1000 miles. So should this get quieter again?

Many thanks for the help though

davep-uk
12-12-2005, 02:23 PM
there is a recording of the compact e46 eisenmenn exhaust on their uk website:

http://www.eisenmann.co.uk/sounds.shtml#bmw

sounds nice! expensive systems though!!!!!

Dakar_peril
12-12-2005, 03:01 PM
hmm, been suggested today that I might have a leak which would be causing it? As the compact it came off off it sounded fine with no incar noise (or at least not as bad as I am reporting...)

davep-uk
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
perhaps one of the jubilee clips has come loose? that would give unwanted noise.

is it cat-free? if not, i'd check that join first.

Dakar_peril
12-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Been looking under the car tonight but cannot see anything amis also getting it looked at tomorrow, if not back to the seller. We also had a look at it after work and we all agreed that it seemed to be blowing like it had a hole in it.???

Will keep you updated.

Cristian G in Oz
12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
there is a recording of the compact e46 eisenmenn exhaust on their uk website:

http://www.eisenmann.co.uk/sounds.shtml#bmw

sounds nice! expensive systems though!!!!!

The note just sods a little to full to be the 4cyl model. Mind you it sounds good though. If it is a 4 cyl I will most certainly be saving the extra fun tickets to get this one.

Cristian

AlaskaBlue
12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Just curious, but what other plans do you have for your total bmw project car?

PettitWC
12-12-2005, 09:52 PM
this project car for Total BMW sounds awesome. do they always do it with an employee's car or did you just get lucky?

ps - can't wait to see the rims added!!

Dakar_peril
12-12-2005, 10:16 PM
no luck I am the art editor an the Ti is mine which I have had for the passed three years.

The wheels are nearly finished and as you say will look awesome...

Plans are to totally transform the look and hopefully the performance (money permitted) once completed... which will be taking the car around the BMW shows in the uk. Along with our other project car, the E30 M3 in Jagermeister livery :)

Many thanks for the interest in the car. Have any of you seen our magazine? We do license it overseas, but I realise that such mags are very hard to get hold of...

PettitWC
12-12-2005, 10:22 PM
i think i've seen the mag

Dakar_peril
12-13-2005, 12:03 AM
:)

Cristian G in Oz
12-13-2005, 03:02 AM
I have been buying it every month since I came across it in the UK last year.
I love it because it has real tech/handson stuff in it as well as older cars, unlike some other mags which seem to focus on new cars with the occasional flash back.

The only downside is that it is considerably cheepr to buy it each month than get a subscription, so I get everything about 6 weeks behind release date.

Never mind at least I can get it.

For all those that havn't seen it ask your local to get it in, it's worth it.

Cristian in Sydney

Dakar_peril
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
many thanks for the kind words... we try our best :)

Car is back in the garage today for them to look at it so I'll keep you all informed.

I'll try and get a vid on the my website once I get it sorted ;)

aceyx
12-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Been looking under the car tonight but cannot see anything amis also getting it looked at tomorrow, if not back to the seller. We also had a look at it after work and we all agreed that it seemed to be blowing like it had a hole in it.???
A lot of mufflers have an inner and an outer liner. You'll need to use a boroscope to look at the inner one. A dentist's mirror and a flashlight may work as well.

Also check at the weld joints for pinhole leaks.

Dakar_peril
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
just got off the phone with the garage and there think its a duff unit. Spoken to the seller and they have order me another one. Although they cannot promise before christmas, it will def be here after christmas...

will let you know the out-come next year on this one.

Just need to finished the wheels and other detailing to make it look more evil :)

cheers

rob

halek
12-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi Rob, I've brought your mag a few times (if there's one left when I go in a newsagents). The first one I brought because your car was featured with the induction upgrade. I like it,nice format.

Who done your re-map & what do you think of it? I was thinking of getting Simon from e36coupe.com to have a go at mine but I think he's more into tuning sixes.

Dakar_peril
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
We had ours done through Ben at Chromeline Design, nice chap and very helpful :)

I would highly recommend getting the big bore tb done at the same time though, give more power when you need it :)

318ti_Portugal
12-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Is this exhaust a cat-back or just a back box?

Dakar_peril
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
sorry I've been away for so long. Update on this is the Back box is duff and is going back under warrenty. On the upside to all of this a replacment arrived today. Not the same size, but still looks the dogs.

Hopeful of getting the new one on this weekend and then we'll see if it was the original back box at fault or not.

Dakar_peril
01-21-2006, 07:49 PM
**UPDATE**

Back box 2 X 70 pipes... much better in-car noise (ie you can hear the radio) Sounds fanastic! Certainly getting the looks today in town ?:O.,

That and she was clean and shiney!

Cheers

R

1rstbmw!
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
How much was the bored out throttle body and would you say it's worth it?

JPerfect
01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
I love that yellow...

Dakar_peril
01-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Big bore is def. worth it. I had the re-map done at the same time ?:O) from what I remember I think both cost around £300 (ish) mix in the air filter and the exhaust and the cars pulling much better... but then it should!

Dakar yellow! Hmmm... def looks cool... although a bummer in the winter :o.,

1rstbmw!
01-22-2006, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE= from what I remember I think both cost around £300 (ish

300 for both or 300 for each one?

halek
01-22-2006, 09:16 AM
throttle bodies are £180 & remaps £280
http://www.chromeline-design.com/product_menu.php?cat1=3&cat2=17&cat3=22

I bet he got them cheap as Ben @ chromeline gets free publicity when the ti gets featured in Rob's mag

Dakar_peril
01-22-2006, 07:36 PM
that's sounds about right, I did say I couldn't remember how much I paid... **cough** :biggrin:

Also been looking at the S3 mirrors that Ben has on e36coupe.com now they are nice :tongue:

ubiquity
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Have you finished sound deadening your boot?

It should make a huge difference if you were picking up increased vibrations caused by the exhaust.

I myself have got a shop roll of Brown Bread (70 square foot) and so far I have only got so far as to do both door cards, but the effect is quite spectacular.

I am waiting on a stinger roller before i start work on the boot, as it makes it so much easier than using a cheap wallpaper roller. This weather, however, you really need a heat gun to warp up the sound deadening to help it stick and fill the gaps so no air gets trapped.

96cali
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
What the heck is brown bread?? :confused: :redface:

ubiquity
02-20-2006, 07:24 PM
It is a sound deadening material.

http://www.migraineaudio.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=28_68

Great stuff.

96cali
02-21-2006, 06:54 AM
kinda like Dynamat? If so, how do they compare and where do you useone and not the other? How many pounds do you typically use before you notice the effect?

ubiquity
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
It is a lot like dynamat, except slightly less expensive. They claim that 2 layers of brownbread is three times as good as dynamat extreme, although there seem to be counter claims from dynamat.

One layer on its own makes a hell of a difference, but I will line the boot floor with 2 layers as I did on my fabia to stop vibrations caused by the ICE when I get around to installing it.

For supressing sound and vibrations from an aftermarket exhaust, however, one layer should be more than enough.

Its also brillaint and killing road noise, and its a lot quiter in the cabin after you deaden both the doors and the quater panels.