PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the new rude people on this forum?

DustenT
12-13-2005, 04:29 AM
I don't understand what happened. Is it the holidays? Finals? Property taxes? What?

Steve - You are doing a great job of closing threads when they get nasty. Unfortunately a lot of those threads were going really good until someone ruins it with a stupid comment.

Talking to people online is no different than talking to someone face-to-face. Think about that you are posting before you post it. Would you say that to someone's face? Would you really?

Please don't ruin this forum for the rest of us. If you want to be a jack-ass go back to bf.c or wherever, you're not welcome here.

Tyler
12-13-2005, 04:32 AM
I don't understand what happened. Is it the holidays? Finals? Property taxes? What?

Steve - You are doing a great job of closing threads when they get nasty. Unfortunately a lot of those threads were going really good until someone ruins it with a stupid comment.

Talking to people online is no different than talking to someone face-to-face. Think about that you are posting before you post it. Would you say that to someone's face? Would you really?

Please don't ruin this forum for the rest of us. If you want to be a jack-ass go back to bf.c or wherever, you're not welcome here.

I agree totally with you DustenT.

It's all been happening in the past couple months and it's uncalled for.

cali-ti
12-13-2005, 04:35 AM
luckily us regulars will keep it under control :) we're still friendly dammit ;)

1996 328ti
12-13-2005, 04:41 AM
I don't know what it is either. I know my mood changes during the winter.
I may start handing out timeouts. I don't want this to turn into work.

gooten1
12-13-2005, 04:53 AM
I promise I'll play nice!

cali-ti
12-13-2005, 04:55 AM
with that avatar, i think you have to! :biggrin:

Juni
12-13-2005, 05:08 AM

OHH YEAAAHHH!!!! It's buddy Christ!

But seriously, I totally agree with you guys. There has been sudden flame up of these rude members. Some sort of remedial action might be necessary in order to keep a lid on things. It's sad to say that it might have come to that point, but, gotta do what you gotta do.

cali-ti
12-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Some sort of remedial action might be necessary in order to keep a lid on things. It's sad to say that it might have come to that point, but, gotta do what you gotta do.
are you suggesting we put a couple of these people (maybe only one) on the short bus outta town?

bmwracerchick
12-13-2005, 05:19 AM
I speak my mind, I try not to be mean and usually im not. I just express my opinions so if someone finds that offensive and attacks me on it then that is their issue....so far my comments havent struck anyone and started a fight :hehe:

1996 328ti
12-13-2005, 05:25 AM
are you suggesting we put a couple of these people (maybe only one) on the short bus outta town?Only one?

cali-ti
12-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Only one?
the "one" who's two, if you know what i mean. have we really had any others than that?

aceyx
12-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Kids these days . . . sheesh! :biggrin:

I think the best thing to do is that if they can't play nice, warn them. If they continue, ignore 'em; they'll find the door on their own. No attention = no reason to stick around. I don't think we need a rating system or anything, just one kind reminder (not a lot, because psychologically you feel ganged up on).

The thing I do worry about is an elitist attitude that might develop from post count / time on the forum. I'd hate to see that happen. Me, I just feel happy to be here because it's not school.

Sometimes I flare up, and I think I've gotten two threads nuked, so, sorry about that.

LN318TI
12-13-2005, 08:18 AM
hi guys,

I agree with you although I am twenty so I am kind of a kid. lol. I speak my mind but I try to never start trouble. I do have my bad days but I never take it out the group only on my punching bad lol. Then I go for a drive in the park in the TI.

1996 328ti
12-13-2005, 12:35 PM
hi guys,

I agree with you although I am twenty so I am kind of a kid. lol. I speak my mind but I try to never start trouble. I do have my bad days but I never take it out the group only on my punching bad lol. Then I go for a drive in the park in the TI.There is nothing wrong about speaking one's mind. It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Juni
12-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Maybe a probationary status, where you can limit the amount of post that they can have within a certain amount of time, or something along those lines. But yes, one can get passionate about what he/she feels.......even I got a thread closed for flaring up a lil bit. Personally, I dont see anything wrong with flaring up about something you believe in, it's the overly rude, and the inconsiderate ones who need to be on probation.

robcarync
12-13-2005, 04:20 PM
i try to be nice...but i will say i am extremely elite because i have a lot of posts! that means im better than everyone else...

DustenT
12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
The people that are responding to this thread are not the people I was referring to. Forums provide a great place to "speak your mind" and have intelligent conversation about cars. The key, as Steve said, is not what you say, but how you say it.

I tend to bury my rudeness in extreme sarcasm, so it seems less hostile. We are all guilty of it once and a while, but not the extent that the new members are.

Demanding answers to posts, swearing, name calling, this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

aceyx
12-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I sent him a PM and voiced my concerns. Seems better than talking about the pink elephant.

L84THSKY
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
What gets me going, as you might have noticed, is when I go through alot of time and expense to make a major modification, and someone rags about a minor detail.:mad:

I try to keep the big picture in mind, small stuff can be worked out later.

DustenT
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
We had a bunch of really good threads that got closed because of stupid comments. Everyone loses out because of a couple bad comments on the thread. Do the newbies know that this happens?

Platanos
12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
i love this site. it's helped me learn alot about my ti. for someone to "blow up" for whatever reason is uncalled for. everyone has opinions and are entitled to them. it's how you voice them that makes the difference. if I post pics of my car and her mods then I welcome ALL to voice whatever it is you want to say. to get the most of this site you have to be open minded and thick skinned.

robcarync
12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
What gets me going, as you might have noticed, is when I go through alot of time and expense to make a major modification, and someone rags about a minor detail.

i noticed that too L8...everyone talking about now you have to lower your car or paint your mirror bases etc etc...i know they dont mean it like that and they are just offering suggestions for improvement...but it sure can get annoying im sure

cali-ti
12-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I sent him a PM and voiced my concerns. Seems better than talking about the pink elephant.
lol. the one that's in the room but nobody wants to mention it? :)

good call. hopefully he'll listen, but he's been warned before and i believe steven talked to him (or he talked to steven to get reinstated) and it's had some positive effect, but not completely. he's still very impatient. he's young (obviously) and i'll forgive it up to a point, but it shouldn't keep happening. from his posts, he obviously had the same thing happeon on the bf.c forums. i hope he can calm himself and become a productive member of the group.

cali-ti
12-13-2005, 06:48 PM
i love this site. it's helped me learn alot about my ti. for someone to "blow up" for whatever reason is uncalled for. everyone has opinions and are entitled to them. it's how you voice them that makes the difference. if I post pics of my car and her mods then I welcome ALL to voice whatever it is you want to say. to get the most of this site you have to be open minded and thick skinned.
yep. for the most part, those who respond will have something they don't like about a mod you made or some suggestion on something else to do. i think it's just the nature of the beast.

in some of the things i've done, looking back, i would have done it a little different and hopefully i can document that for others who want to do the same mod. it may tweak you initially when someone says, "hey, why didn't you do it this way?" after you've spent an entire weekend under your car, but eventually you may see the suggestion as a good one. it's better to just not respond when you're all pissed off and to give it a little time. know ahead of time that not everyone would do it that way and you'll likely get some "negative" responses.

Mendi3
12-13-2005, 06:57 PM

I could not agree more with your comments Dusten. How about blocking them out?

DustenT
12-13-2005, 07:35 PM
This is great. It's like a meeting of the elders. :biggrin:

I agree that using a post count for seniority is a bad idea, but some sort of "reputation" rating might be nice. If your reputation rating drops below a certain number, you get booted. I've used the "report a bad post" link on threads before, but this doesn't do anything. I imagine something gets sent to Steve when I do this (your welcome).

We need some way to convince people not to post stupid comments. Any other ideas?

96cali
12-13-2005, 07:40 PM
The thing I do worry about is an elitist attitude that might develop from post count / time on the forum.

Sometimes I flare up, and I think I've gotten two threads nuked, so, sorry about that.

I feel similar Aceyx- I have been an active member here since summer of 2002 and take pride in this forum and our unique view on the bimmer world. I think that makes me one of the oldest (that's not to say most experienced) members. I do feel a sense of ownership and that is sort of elitist, though I try not to police or judge.

I confess I liked calling that "other" member a tard :biggrin: but know it was not in the spirit of this forum. I promise- no more momma jokes, even though that was meant in jest too :biggrin: . I'll try to be positive or at most play devils advocate. I certainly don't want this to be any more work for Steve our gracious host.

Geez, I feel like I'm in confession again.:rolleyes:

1996 328ti
12-13-2005, 07:47 PM
This is great. It's like a meeting of the elders. :biggrin:

I agree that using a post count for seniority is a bad idea, but some sort of "reputation" rating might be nice. If your reputation rating drops below a certain number, you get booted. I've used the "report a bad post" link on threads before, but this doesn't do anything. I imagine something gets sent to Steve when I do this (your welcome).

We need some way to convince people not to post stupid comments. Any other ideas?I don't recall ever getting a report bad post message. I'll look into it and see if it is set correctly. There is a reputation function. I'll look into that further. I remember people complaining about that on bf.c.

davep-uk
12-13-2005, 07:49 PM
all i can say as a relative newcomer, is that i have met a bunch of nice, good humoured people who are all like-minded and do have a single focus: their Ti.

Whether its repairing a fault or doing an entire engine and tranny swap, there is always someone who can answer your question and usually half a dozen others who can give other ideas or suggestions. i have recieved nothing but help here and although i'm not planning to drop an M3 engine into my bay, i can appreciate the lesser lengths that people go to to make their cars individual. and that, afterall is what we are all here for.

everyone likes a bit of banter but no need to take it too far.

PettitWC
12-13-2005, 11:24 PM
not to chime in too late but I actually noticed the same thing going on. good thing to address

aceyx
12-14-2005, 03:24 AM
davep - based on the way you behave and compose yourself, I honestly wouldn't have known you were new if you didn't tell me. I honestly thought you were just a long-time lurker.

I think that what we should do is handle this like adults. Speak directly and privately with people through PMs, post retractions and edit our own posts, and for the most part keep this fun and informative.

I imagine that Steven doesn't like nuking threads any more than we like to see them closed. He's provided a great forum for us to learn about our cars, help others out, and generally waste time at work. However, if it does get to that point, I don't think he'll have a problem taking care of it.

AlaskaBlue
12-14-2005, 03:44 AM
This is a great forum. I think I am actually addicted to checking it. I have noticed that quite a few people do get really impatient about things when they don't get a response imediately.

When I joined about a year ago I was actually a little intimidated by all of you because you all knew so much, and I knew so little. This place is a valuable resource for all 318ti lovers. I have learned so many things from this forum. I would hate to see this place have problems with certain members that would make the exchange of information decline, or even turn away some valued members. Respect is the key. Respect respect respect. It is a valuable thing and it works.

robcarync
12-14-2005, 03:49 AM
agreed alaska blue...when i first got here i knew nothing about cars...ive learned so much and i am completely addicted to this forum...since ive been on break from school, ive been on this forum for hours upon hours each day!

aceyx
12-14-2005, 03:50 AM
Respect respect respect.
BOOYAKASHA!

robcarync
12-14-2005, 03:51 AM
see im addicted...im still here just to check up on this one new post!!!

cali-ti
12-14-2005, 03:55 AM
This is a great forum. I think I am actually addicted to checking it. I have noticed that quite a few people do get really impatient about things when they don't get a response imediately.

When I joined about a year ago I was actually a little intimidated by all of you because you all knew so much, and I knew so little. This place is a valuable resource for all 318ti lovers. I have learned so many things from this forum. I would hate to see this place have problems with certain members that would make the exchange of information decline, or even turn away some valued members. Respect is the key. Respect respect respect. It is a valuable thing and it works.
well put and agreed! i've only been here like a year or so myself. found it when my diff started giving me trouble. now i'm like a 318ti.org crack addict. i'm closing on overtaking steven in total posts ... i think i need to get out and work on my car more, lol

davep-uk
12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
davep - based on the way you behave and compose yourself, I honestly wouldn't have known you were new if you didn't tell me. I honestly thought you were just a long-time lurker.

I think that what we should do is handle this like adults. Speak directly and privately with people through PMs, post retractions and edit our own posts, and for the most part keep this fun and informative.

I imagine that Steven doesn't like nuking threads any more than we like to see them closed. He's provided a great forum for us to learn about our cars, help others out, and generally waste time at work. However, if it does get to that point, I don't think he'll have a problem taking care of it.

long time lurker? i'll take that as a compliment. i think.
you will see that i have changed my avatar description to match.

andrewsarg101
12-14-2005, 12:19 PM
I haven't been a member long, but I have also noticed all the bad mouthing. The reason I like this site is that people keep it real most of the time. I don't even bother with bf.c because of the people on there. If it weren't for this site I probably wouldn't have got my ti, and even if I had I wouldn't know half of what I know now. And as for commenting on others modifications, its not my car so I won't pass judgement on what others do. We all have different likes and dislikes. It's pretty sad though when we have to start a thread like this to address this problem. We just need to have common curtosy towards each other.

aceyx
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
long time lurker? i'll take that as a compliment. i think.
It's definitely a compliment. (A lurker is somebody that hangs around a forum/site quietly for a while, reading old posts and such before contributing. That way, you get an awareness of what's already been asked and answered, and what the general tone of the forum is.)

I honestly don't remember who's been here since I came to the site, except for Steven. My memory just doesn't work that way--I'm like a senile 25 year old.

cali-ti
12-14-2005, 03:45 PM
It's definitely a compliment. (A lurker is somebody that hangs around a forum/site quietly for a while, reading old posts and such before contributing. That way, you get an awareness of what's already been asked and answered, and what the general tone of the forum is.)

I honestly don't remember who's been here since I came to the site, except for Steven. My memory just doesn't work that way--I'm like a senile 25 year old.
looks like you joined a little before me, in aug 2004 (i joined in nov). we've certainly added a lot more members since then!

Matt-UK
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah ive noticed it alot in the past week, it seams to be new people or with 3or 4 posts that get narky. hmmmmm interesting people get more angry and miserable at winter. Now where the **cks my **cking beer.

cali-ti
12-14-2005, 08:10 PM
lol ... right around the holidays too. aren't people supposed to be MORE cheerful? bit of a cold snap around here ... i need a hot tottie to warm me up :)

davep-uk
12-14-2005, 09:27 PM
hot tottie or hot toddie?

cali-ti
12-14-2005, 09:37 PM
hot tottie or hot toddie?
yeah, i wasn't sure which way it was spelled, lol :tongue: maybe i'll have a hot toddie with my hot tottie :biggrin: that means i have to wait until she gets home though :(

1rstbmw!
12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
I have only seen one member act completly rude for no reason besides the demanding an answer to a post thing:confused: overall this seems to be one of the more mature sights.

Tyler
12-14-2005, 10:52 PM
lol ... right around the holidays too. aren't people supposed to be MORE cheerful? bit of a cold snap around here ... i need a hot tottie to warm me up :)

Thanksgiving and christmas are the worst time of the year for people who suffer from depression and for drunks. All the drunks are on the roads at this time of year and well thats not good for everyone else driving around. As xmas gets closer i'm feeling wicked crappy,i'll admit that i've shed some tears at work in the morning twice this week thinking about my mom. Seems like alot more memories come flashing back at this time of the year.

S10mafia50
12-15-2005, 02:36 AM
I am new here(under 3 months), But I totally respect everyones' rides and them as a person, I actually got bashed on for defending the guy with the Mr2, and the guy with the Miata. I drive a domestic, but if I can ever find a nice 318ti I like, I will buy it.
Andrew

DustenT
12-15-2005, 02:41 AM
I am new here(under 3 months), But I totally respect everyones' rides and them as a person, I actually got bashed on for defending the guy with the Mr2, and the guy with the Miata. I drive a domestic, but if I can ever find a nice 318ti I like, I will buy it.
Andrew

It's cool that there are actually people on the forum who don't drive 318ti's. My neighbor Clegg drives a SVT Focus. He's been a member of this forum for a while, mostly as a lurker. I moved into the same building as him a couple months ago and he knew who I was from the forum.

This forum has better discussions and information than any other car forum I've been on.

AlaskaBlue
12-15-2005, 02:45 AM
It does have better discussions. The people with other cars are sort of like a reality check. Sometimes our minds can be a little scewed to one side by our BMW love.

S10mafia50
12-15-2005, 03:11 AM
It does have better discussions. The people with other cars are sort of like a reality check. Sometimes our minds can be a little scewed to one side by our BMW love.
Every brand has it's own following, I for one am addicted to all cars, I am a member with this screen name on Teckademics, Mys10.net, s10forum.com, SHOclub.com, bf.c, and a mustang forum. No one has ever given me a hard time about driving something other than the majority....until now. I am focusing my $$$ on making my truck show quality, and prolly going to restore a 69 caddy limo before long. Oh yeah, Alaskablue, I'll be back home tomorrow for some good ol drifting fun.
Andrew

cali-ti
12-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Andrew
i wouldn't worry about it too much. i used to have **cough 4 cough** fieros at one time before (including a decent example of an 88 formula). i would love to have a lotus elise or a ferrari (even the "lowly" 308). i have an idea what the MR2 is and wouldn't have any issue with owning one. if anything, it was a better designed fiero. i can imagine they're very balanced and a guy i used to work with previously owned one and said it handled like it was riding on rails.

that said, i love my ti ever since i've owned it. i'm using it as a tool to really learn about cars and get my hands greasy working on it. i can see myself keeping it for a very long time, potentially becoming a track-mostly car, but we'll see.

SDKmann
12-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey for anyone who thinks im rude, Im just giving my opinions here. The only time I get rude is when people get pissed at my opinions and tell me to stop only because they did not get the answer they wanted. I love cars of every kind and when I call cars rice it is not in a bad way. I have a few friends who have japanese cars that I call ricers in an affectionate way. If you dont like what I have to say and dont want me to be rude just ignore me instead of freaking out on me for stating my opinion.

P.S.- Im not going to stop.

DustenT
12-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Hey for anyone who thinks im rude, Im just giving my opinions here. The only time I get rude is when people get pissed at my opinions and tell me to stop only because they did not get the answer they wanted. I love cars of every kind and when I call cars rice it is not in a bad way. I have a few friends who have japanese cars that I call ricers in an affectionate way. If you dont like what I have to say and dont want me to be rude just ignore me instead of freaking out on me for stating my opinion.

P.S.- Im not going to stop.

This thread isn't about you. But it does apply to you now. Good work. Try to act like an adult, the rest of us do.

SDKmann
12-16-2005, 11:38 PM
You were the one who told me to come here and check it out. By saying that you made it about me. Like I said before if you dont like my opinion, ignore it.

DustenT
12-16-2005, 11:41 PM
You were the one who told me to come here and check it out. By saying that you made it about me. Like I said before if you dont like my opinion, ignore it.

I never said it was about you. I wanted you to see what the rest of the people on the forum think of people who get crazy pissed and mouthy.

You can learn a lot from this forum if you just take it easy. Try to read as much as you write.

davep-uk
12-16-2005, 11:41 PM
this whole thread has got people arguing!!!

lets be nice.?>

cali-ti
12-16-2005, 11:43 PM
ok ok ok ... everyone drink a couple beers and chill out. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

DustenT
12-16-2005, 11:48 PM
ok ok ok ... everyone drink a couple beers and chill out. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
:bong: :drunk:

Happy HO-lidays. I'm done here.

SDKmann
12-16-2005, 11:49 PM
I dont want to make people mad, all I want is to talk about tis. Ill chill if people dont go after me because of my opinions.

davep-uk
12-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I dont want to make people mad, all I want is to talk about tis. Ill chill if people dont go after me because of my opinions.

you said a couple of your friends have Jap motors? any of them have Mitsi FTO's? do you get them in the states?

i had one as my last car. couldnt keep it due to running costs, but oh my god.... what a car! (the GPX version of course)

robcarync
12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
lol i just got a PM from sdkmann...subject line

Screw you!

happy hollidays sdkmann!

SDKmann
12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
No none of them have a FTO. Im not sure if we got them over here but I dont know a whole lot about Mistsi.. One of my friends has a 03' Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V. Thats a pretty cool car but he dosnt drive it right.

SDKmann
12-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Happy holidays to you to Rob! You know you deserved everything I said. Ill say it one more time, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY IGNORE IT! DONT GO AFTER ME AND MAKE FUN OF MY PROBLEMS! THATS LOW!

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:01 AM
No none of them have a FTO. Im not sure if we got them over here but I dont know a whole lot about Mistsi.. One of my friends has a 03' Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V. Thats a pretty cool car but he dosnt drive it right.

well, you should look one up, great styling! nice 24v DOHC V6 engine with tiptronic box.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?nU=0&make=MITSUBISHI&model=FTO&min_pr=6000&max_pr=25000&postcode=wd180be&miles=40&max_records=50&modelexact=1&photo=1&start=1&distance=19&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200550217550367

just too much for me to run!

SDKmann
12-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah I remeber it from GT3 and its a pretty cool car. When I first started looking for a car I looked at the Nissan 300zx and the Mitsi. 3000GT. The GT was a great car that should have out lived the eclipse.

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:06 AM
yeah, they're nice but the 3000 Gt is a bit old nowadays and the only imports we get over here are a bit shady.

robcarync
12-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Peer Mediation, let us be freinds. SDKmann, calm down my friend.

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:10 AM
lets all be nice.

and also... what does the green dot mean at the bottom left of all my posts?

DustenT
12-17-2005, 12:12 AM
lets all be nice.

and also... what does the green dot mean at the bottom left of all my posts?

It means you have a lot of time on your hands!

It means you're online.

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:13 AM
It means you have a lot of time on your hands!

It means you're online.

haha! thats not very nice! i guess i am a little time handy at the moment!

DustenT
12-17-2005, 12:15 AM
lol i just got a PM from sdkmann...subject line

happy hollidays sdkmann!

Post the message.

SDKmann
12-17-2005, 12:18 AM
yeah, they're nice but the 3000 Gt is a bit old nowadays and the only imports we get over here are a bit shady.

I think the later model 3000s look like they are new. They have better styling then some 06' cars. Didnt they import the GT to the UK?

Tyler
12-17-2005, 12:19 AM
this whole thread has got people arguing!!!

lets be nice.?>

None of the people who we are talking about on this thread have posted anything. The people who are impatient and demanding answers right away are the ones we are talking about. They expect answers right away and think everyone on here has an answer for them. With all the time they bitch and moan about it they could've researched it themselves and got an answer. Instead they post stupid threads and mouth off,and when they do that why should you help em out.

I mean this forum is great don't get me wrong and 90% of the things posted have been discussed already and new people have to use the search function. We love our cars and this is a site dedicated to that basically,you go on other sites and you don't get respect cause you drive a ti. Why do Z3 people get respect on sites when there cars have 4 bangers in them also?? If i can't get an answer here i will research it myself and not post threads and wine like a baby. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but some people got alot of growing up to do.

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:20 AM
I think the later model 3000s look like they are new. They have better styling then some 06' cars. Didnt they import the GT to the UK?

not officially.

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:22 AM
None of the people who we are talking about on this thread have posted anything. The people who are impatient and demanding answers right away are the ones we are talking about. They expect answers right away and think everyone on here has an answer for them. With all the time they bitch and moan about it they could've researched it themselves and got an answer. Instead they post stupid threads and mouth off,and when they do that why should you help em out.

I mean this forum is great don't get me wrong and 90% of the things posted have been discussed already and new people have to use the search function. We love our cars and this is a site dedicated to that basically. If i can't get an answer here i will research it myself and not post threads and wine like a baby. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but some people got alot of growing up to do.

fair enough. i just think that this thread has brought a lot of feelings to the fore. lots of people here feel passionately about their car ( i know i will when its finished) i agree that people should search for an answer.

SDKmann
12-17-2005, 12:22 AM
That sucks, you guys got the skyline though, didnt you?

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:23 AM
i dont want any hassle. i'm just trying to represent those of us over here in the UK

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:24 AM
That sucks, you guys got the skyline though, didnt you?

Oh yes!!!! the R32 is a fantastic car!

SDKmann
12-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah alot of people have dissed the skyline for being too heavy but I like it alot. I love the NISMO version that they are currently building.

davep-uk
12-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah alot of people have dissed the skyline for being too heavy but I like it alot. I love the NISMO version that they are currently building.

they are so full of electronics! it makes them VERYexpensive to fix when they go wrong!!!!

SDKmann
12-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Once you get past a certain price range most cars get expensive to fix. Another thing you guys in the UK that we dont is all the smaller european manufacturers like Renault and Alfa. I wouldnt mind playing around with one of those.

robcarync
12-17-2005, 01:17 AM
DustenT, here is the PM exchanges...we got everything all worked out

Screw You!

You cant hold my ice problems over my head. Im 16 and have been driving for 3 months! I have crappy tires and no winter driving instruction/ experience. You are probably much older and have probably been driving for much longer. We all started somewhere and Im sure youve gotten into your fair share of accidents or atleast had a few close calls. If you dont like what I have to say then just ignore it instead of becomeing a dick like many others here. Im not trying to make anyone mad or dis their rides. Im just giving my opinion and become rude when others freak out on me for it.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas my good fellow!

No need to get upset over some facetiousness every once in a while. I was messing around about you ruining a wonderful car. You are perfectly able to give your opinion; that is expected on a message board. What is not expected is for you to continuously post messages bashing someone and their ride, seemingly with the intent to pick fights. Like I said, your opinion is fine, but when it turns into a verbal assault of another member, that is non needed.

I think you were referring to the Lambo Doors thread. Do I like Lambo Doors? Nah, I think it's silly. You already had made it perfectly clear that you didn't like it. There is no need to continuously bash someone and make such claims as it is your moral responsibility to keep a BMW from Lambo Doors. My comment was joking and saying that it is my moral responsibility to keep people from driving a wonderful car if they will crash it. That is all.

Of course I hope your car ends up alright. Good luck with the repairs, and try and be nice now.

Regards,
-Rob

Re: Merry Christmas!
Yeah I guess I went overboard on the lambo doors thread. I didnt like how every time people (not just me) gave their opinion on lambo doors that guy flipped out on them. Ill be nice I just want some respect with my opinions on mods. Not everyone is the same and I respect that. I get rude when people get mad at me for expressing my opinion. My situation with the accident is getting better already. My dad had updated my policy only weeks before so I had collision insurence after all.

1996 328ti
12-17-2005, 01:41 AM
:lalala:

cali-ti
12-17-2005, 02:41 AM
and there was much rejoicing ... now drink up and be merry dammit! :drunk: