PDA

View Full Version : Intake Installed :) /noise

HuGo
12-20-2005, 12:44 AM
I just installed my cosmo intake. Pretty sweet. I cant really hear it though, i hear my exhaust more than the intake. I hear like a little bbzzz, is that normal, any other intakers hear that in their engine?? And i notice also the rpms go up a little quicker. :)

cali-ti
12-20-2005, 02:25 AM
your first mod under your belt ... good job!

robcarync
12-20-2005, 09:09 AM
how do you like it? i like mine a lot...the bbbzzz sound im assuming is the noise of the engine sucking the air in...it makes a really cool sound under heavy throttle

HuGo
12-20-2005, 10:54 AM
how do you like it? i like mine a lot...the bbbzzz sound im assuming is the noise of the engine sucking the air in...it makes a really cool sound under heavy throttle

Alot of people say cant fear the power. But i feel a little more power in it. I was looking my rpms and remembering how i drove by how much gas i put etc. Then i did the same driving with the intake. rpms go up a lil quicker. I feel the car goes foward faster and the mph goes up a lil quicker now. I feel the difference betwen stock. I like. :D But hard to hear the intake cuz of my muffler :P

1996 328ti
12-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Alot of people say cant fear the power.
Don't fear the power? :)
Intakes do little for you. As far as I am concerned, the only dyno that counts is your butt dyno. I have a Conforti CAI. I love it. It makes a nice sound. That's why I got it.

Severian
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
the only dyno that counts is your butt dyno.
huhuhu...you said butt dyno
:tongue:

robcarync
12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
hehehe! butt!

true that...butt dyno is what counts...it makes it more fun to drive fo sho!

barische
12-21-2005, 03:17 AM
but dyno rocks, actually i felt more power increase when i switch to sythetic oil, than exhaust or intake.