PDA

View Full Version : Ti track day

SDKmann
12-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Now that we have made a calender how about a track day? I know it sounds crazy but I thought it would be a good suggestion for the future. It would also be an opportunity to have a ti show at the track.

1996 328ti
12-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Now that we have made a calender how about a track day? I know it sounds crazy but I thought it would be a good suggestion for the future. It would also be an opportunity to have a ti show at the track.There are a lot of tracks. It would also need to be in conjunction with a sanctioned school.

SDKmann
12-20-2005, 04:06 AM
I like leguna seca and road of america. And Im sure we could find someone to help us out with the school thing.

1996 328ti
12-20-2005, 04:09 AM
I'd love to drive Laguna Seca if it wasn't 3000 miles from me.
Laguna Seca is $$$$$.
I've never been further east than Putnam Park.
I freguent VIR, Summit Point, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen.

DustenT
12-20-2005, 04:10 AM
I like leguna seca and road of america. And Im sure we could find someone to help us out with the school thing.

Lets change your name to $DKmann.

SDKmann
12-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Yeah I know but you gotta admit it would be cool. I live in Iowa so leguna seca isnt really close to me either.

DustenT
12-20-2005, 04:31 AM
Yeah I know but you gotta admit it would be cool. I live in Iowa so leguna seca isnt really close to me either.

Road America is within driving distance for you.

SDKmann
12-20-2005, 04:35 AM
Thats why I suggested it. Have you ever been there?

cali-ti
12-20-2005, 04:42 AM
road america is awesome. just be hard to justify driving 16 hours or whatever to get back there :) i'm thinking track days posted in the region sections might work the best (and has been done in the past).

SDKmann
12-20-2005, 04:44 AM
My dad took his Porsche 911 up there with our old neighbor with a NSX. I didnt go but the video they took was awsome.

jdehaan
12-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Good luck getting a day at road america. It costs a ton of money, and they are kinda tough to deal with according to what I hear. Try for a smaller track like Gingerman in Michigan. Thats a great TI track.

michaelhofastcar
02-10-2006, 07:02 AM
I guess nobody here cares about a track called New Hampshire International Speedway. I worked at flag stations there for Audi club event last year.

Panzer_M
02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Florida has,

Sebring..$$$ for a track day..last time I think it was 150/car for it, I got to do 4 laps for free last time i was there..so ha!..but great course overall.
Gainesville which is normally 100$/car for the day, not as fun as Sebring, but for the price worth it, and it has a smoother surface in my opinion..well less used surface.
And I think Ocala has a road course now too but I am not sure about it.
I would be up for a SouthEast Meet at Gainseville with Tis and other involved.

1996 328ti
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I guess nobody here cares about a track called New Hampshire International Speedway. I worked at flag stations there for Audi club event last year.I drove NHIS and did not care for it. Maybe it was because it was an Ofest school and there where a lot of novices, including myself. I did not tracking out against the wall, then I remember a downhill and hard right up a hill. Everytime I went down that hill there was a line of cars waiting to turn. Brakes don't fall me now. All there are a ton of marbles on that banked turn.

$150 is not bad. We are $175/day for a much smaller track, Summit Point.
And that still doesn't cover our expenses.

andyman7931
02-10-2006, 02:08 PM
And I think Ocala has a road course now too but I am not sure about it.
I would be up for a SouthEast Meet at Gainseville with Tis and other involved.

I'd be up for it too. I also have a couple other non ti friends that'd attend with e30s.

SDKmann
02-11-2006, 01:10 AM
The only reason I havnt suggested any other tracks is because I really only know the famous ones and a few around me. We could tie this in with the national meet and have a show/ track day. Those two things together would make that the best day ever.

White ti
02-11-2006, 01:51 AM
The only reason I havnt suggested any other tracks is because I really only know the famous ones and a few around me. We could tie this in with the national meet and have a show/ track day. Those two things together would make that the best day ever.
If we got Laguna Seca I'd go.
I'm about an hour from there. Could suggest places to stay, eat, etc.
Oh! and really good leisure drives (e.g. backroads of Monterey, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara counties)

ChItalian1027
04-19-2006, 11:38 PM
i live in chicago i can't go to laguna seca i can't freakin drive that far!! i'm up for somewhere close like chicagoland speedway in joliet but everyone would abject so i might not go to the place you guys chose on!!