PDA

View Full Version : troubles again

Silver00spike
12-24-2005, 07:12 AM
I ran into a g35 coupe, and wanted to show him my taillights. I let off around middle of third gear, and came to a rest. Smoke filled the air everywhere. It smells like burning oil. When looking from the front with the hood open, its leaking oil somewhere on the left side. There are 3 or so hoses with aluminum shielding that are wet. Car is leaking oil in that area at a pretty good clip. By morning I should be dry.

Engine has 44k miles on it, and I recently checked the oil level to be fine. Any ideas what could have happened? I drove it home another 5 minutes, and it was driving fine, just smoking.

I can't tell if smoke came out of the exhaust pipes, but I think it did. The car idles fine. I did not overrev as far as I know.

Before this, it started vibrating a little more then usual at idle for the past week. Sort of like a pulsation. It seems smoother now, but then again I didn't run it for long after the smoking started.

X-mas is tomorrow, so no shops will be open

I won the fight, but lost the war

96cali
12-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Good luck again. that sux :mad:

cali-ti
12-24-2005, 03:19 PM
that's not a very merry christmas! :( could it be something as simple as a valve cover gasket? can you tell any source after it's been sitting?

DeadpaN
12-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Smoking from under the hood? I'd look around for active drips/leaks and replace whatever gasket etc. It sounds like maybe an old gasket might have cracked and is now leaking oil onto the exhaust manifold.

Silver00spike
12-25-2005, 05:25 AM
my crank tension bolt was lose. I got it