PDA

View Full Version : Why, you ask?

J!m
12-29-2005, 04:52 AM
Just so no one gets the wrong idea about this new section, I'd like to explain what I had in mind when I made the suggestionto create it to Steve.

Basically, the posts are limited to those who have modified, or are planning to modify their cars. I think we are on the honor system at the moment, so please see if your questions/posts can be accomidated in other parts of this awesome site before posting here to limit 'clutter'.

What I was trying to provide to the brotherhood of decreased fuel economy is a dedicated location for information pertaining directly to the modified ti's. There is a tremendos amount of information on this site about the ti in general; this section is designed to hold information that is more specific to converted cars. For example, perhaps you have found an 'off the shelf' solution for the muffler dilema we face. We don't really need to know about things that would pertain to all the ti's; post that for everyone to see and enjoy (such as my recent post regarding lighting).

Thanks to Steve for giving this a chance, and to everyone else who I know will do your best to keep it on subject, which is a very narrow one, within a very unusual car to begin with!

1996 328ti
12-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Well so far I added those who I know have an I6 conversion. I can make it so the usergroup public where people would have to join. Right now this section is hidden. Or at least it should be. We do have the engine swap section.

Silver00spike
12-29-2005, 06:44 AM
oooo I feel special!

1996 328ti
12-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I think the only way for this to work is to moderate every post.
I can create subforums much like what we have on the forum now.

Engine
Suspension
Brakes

We can have several moderators. It's easy to approve posts.
We should establish strict rules. Everyone must follow them.

I can make it so people can join this usergroup after reading a set of rules.
Posts can be viewable from anyone but only those in the Compact 6 usergroup can post or reply.

Do I close the existing engine swap section?

J!m
01-03-2006, 12:40 AM
"Do I close the existing engine swap section?"

That's a good question. Perhaps that information (after a healthy 'weeding') can be relocated here. Since I have not been on in a while, I am seeing a lot of the same questions being asked. Nothing wrong with it, but if the new 'rules' are adhered to, a quick search will answer 99% of questions that come up. The weeding out procss should lower the bandwidth a bit as well as make searching easier.

**light bulb** perhaps a FAQ section distilling/compiling relevant data?

Dredder
01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
**light bulb** perhaps a FAQ section distilling/compiling relevant data?
That should be a prerequisite. I see faq in most forum I frequent. It provide usefull information for people getting ready or doing a swap.