PDA

View Full Version : 98 Hellrot Ti

mphmotorwerks
12-30-2005, 04:53 AM
Hey-
I'm looking at buying a 98 318ti, Hellrot, manual, heated seats, M-Package, 97k with a extra set of rims and tire for 8900 or bo. Is this a good deal or am I getting the shaft. It appears in great shape but that is only by the pictures the seller has shown me. Is there any thing I should be looking for in this model and year. Any help would be good. THanks :ihearu:

1rstbmw!
12-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Price seems real high to me, I think there is a priceguide for this.

2002mcs
12-30-2005, 07:25 PM
As a point of reference, I purchased a similar car six months ago for $8,700. It was also a 98 Hellrot sport 5sp but with only 57k miles and a Cali roof. I was looking for over six months and saw some cars with similar attributes sell for up to $10,500. Sports will command a premium and if the car is clean you may regret passing on it because you felt it was $1,000 over priced, I know that I missed some good cars because of this. I am sure that some will respond that they got a steal on their car and it isn't worth more than $6k, but to me a no excuses example with the right options is worth a premium.

Gunnails
12-30-2005, 08:47 PM
As a point of reference, I purchased a similar car six months ago for $8,700. It was also a 98 Hellrot sport 5sp but with only 57k miles and a Cali roof. I was looking for over six months and saw some cars with similar attributes sell for up to $10,500. Sports will command a premium and if the car is clean you may regret passing on it because you felt it was $1,000 over priced, I know that I missed some good cars because of this. I am sure that some will respond that they got a steal on their car and it isn't worth more than $6k, but to me a no excuses example with the right options is worth a premium.

===========================================

I agree, but I would still try to offer $7000 or $7500, and see if they bite. Good luck:smile:

mphmotorwerks
01-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Well...I saw the car in person today......it was soooo clean. Paint was perfect except for a couple of rock chips in the front. Inside and out was over all very well cared for. Also drove very nice. Ended up on a price of $8500. It was the lowest he would go. Do you guys still think that is to high????:cool:

96cali
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
do it. if you like it you won't sweat it. It's on the high side but your not getting taken if it's well cared for.

318pilot
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey-
I'm looking at buying a 98 318ti, Hellrot, manual, heated seats, M-Package, 97k with a extra set of rims and tire for 8900 or bo. Is this a good deal or am I getting the shaft. It appears in great shape but that is only by the pictures the seller has shown me. Is there any thing I should be looking for in this model and year. Any help would be good. THanks :ihearu:

Ya, I would do it. It seems to be a nice price. I just bought a 98 318ti w/ 46k, manual, M-kit and Cali roof for 10k. I paid a premium price b/c of the condition and I was sick of looking at busted POS Ti's that were auto.

96cali
01-03-2006, 09:34 PM
That's a good price considering he started out in summer at 13.5k! :eek: You got a great car pilot.

Ya, I would do it. It seems to be a nice price. I just bought a 98 318ti w/ 46k, manual, M-kit and Cali roof for 10k. I paid a premium price b/c of the condition and I was sick of looking at busted POS Ti's that were auto.

twomato
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Be sure and get the complete maint records - you don't want to be the one to make up this ground. No records, no price. If he says that he has done the work he should have no trouble sharing the records with you.

Hey-

TJ_ti
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah you should get it! Well actaully you did lol...now we need to take pics with the Hellrots.