PDA

View Full Version : Classical Guitar

AlaskaBlue
01-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi

I just finished me recording that I sent in for the Aspen Music Festival. I hosted two of the shorter songs on my website. http://arcowling.iweb.bsu.edu/copla.wav
http://arcowling.iweb.bsu.edu/courante.wav

They take a good while to load up. It may be easier to right click save as. Mine play in quicktime. Let me know what you think.

I think Windows users have to download and play in Quicktime..I am no Windows expert though.

EDIT: If the bass is too high it will sound muddy.

EDIT: It does work for windows so far it works for Quicktime and Winamp

Tyler
01-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Both of the links don't work for me. I saved them but they don't play..:confused:

AlaskaBlue
01-03-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm sorry. I tried both on my computer and they worked. I also streamed both of them from the site. They play in quicktime on my computer. I have a PowerBook. I'll do some checking here real quick.

Tyler
01-03-2006, 02:27 AM
They come on real player on mine,justs says connecting,sat there for five and didn't play.

AlaskaBlue
01-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Ack. Ok just went and tried on a windows computer and it was missing a codec so it won't play. I am working of figuring out how to get around this. Downloading to a windows computer right now. If I was guessing it would need to be used in quicktime, but I will see. Sorry for the inconvenience.

AlaskaBlue
01-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Ok saved target as on the Windows computer. Downloaded in 15 min (circa 2000 computer) After song downloaded, I drug the song's icon onto Quicktime and it played fine.

HuGo
01-03-2006, 04:28 AM
Both of the links don't work for me. I saved them but they don't play..:confused:

ditto

cali-ti
01-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Ok saved target as on the Windows computer. Downloaded in 15 min (circa 2000 computer) After song downloaded, I drug the song's icon onto Quicktime and it played fine.
what file type are they alaska? maybe that'll help people out.

AlaskaBlue
01-03-2006, 04:38 AM
what file type are they alaska? maybe that'll help people out.

It is a .wav file. So far I have only been able to play it on a Windows computer with Quicktime. Computers are so confusing:confused: I need to go drive the ti I love the simplicity of it.

cali-ti
01-03-2006, 04:57 AM
duh ... perhaps the ".wav" at the end would have been a clue, lol.

downloaded them and they open up no problem with winamp. very nice, btw :)

Tyler
01-03-2006, 04:58 AM
I opened it up in quicktime and it worked. Sounds pretty good man,what brand of guitars are you using?

AlaskaBlue
01-03-2006, 05:03 AM
Thanks guys! It is a German Vazquez Rubio hand made classical guitar.

I also have Gibson 1960 Les Paul, SG, Marshall TSL 122, and Marshall 1960B Vintage Cab. I think those should be more known brands.

I have some better stuff..its just not recorded yet.

Tyler
01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
I currently have a Fender strat american,had a mexican one but it was stolen years ago. I bought an Gibson Sg when I was in high school,only cause angus young was rocking one. I have a Harmony acoustic guitar that’s been at a friends house since I moved. I wish I still played as often as I did before but just lost some interest in it. Friends of mine went to Berkley School of Music in Boston,one of them took up classical guitar.

Keep up the good work man,maybee we’ll be buying one of your records one day.