PDA

View Full Version : ///M Coupe Auto Dimming RearView

Juni
01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey Guys,

So here's the deal, I have the oval ///M coupe rearview mirror that is auto dimming. I have had it in the car for a couple of months now, and have been putting off the whole wiring part of it. So, to keep it short and sweet, the mirror has a plug, with inturn has a power and a ground wire coming out of it.

What I need to know is where to splice these wires to. For Example: the sunroof switch, the dome light. Any suggestions would help. And as a plus I will do a a nice write-up with lots of pictures.

halek
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
There's a pdf showing you how to do this on http://www.e36coupe.com/

click on 'technical' - left side of the title page & see 'fitting an autodip mirror'

Juni
01-11-2006, 10:27 PM
There's a pdf showing you how to do this on http://www.e36coupe.com/

click on 'technical' - left side of the title page & see 'fitting an autodip mirror'

Damn That seems complicated! Is there an easier way?

halek
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
you should have three wires comming out of your mirror:

violet/white is your +12v switched. Connect that to the violet white on the courtesy light.

Brown is earth, goes to brown on the light.

The blue/yellow is suppose to go to your reversing light switch so the mirror wont dim while your reversing - as if anyone uses the mirror to see where there going while reversing :rolleyes:. Personally,I'd leave this wire unconnected but if you want it to function as designed you'll have to connect it to the +12v comming off the gearbox reverse sensor.

If I was doing this I'd use scotchloks to make the connections, saves pissing around stripping wires & soldering.

Juni
01-12-2006, 01:32 AM
you should have three wires comming out of your mirror:

violet/white is your +12v switched. Connect that to the violet white on the courtesy light.

Brown is earth, goes to brown on the light.

The blue/yellow is suppose to go to your reversing light switch so the mirror wont dim while your reversing - as if anyone uses the mirror to see where there going while reversing :rolleyes:. Personally,I'd leave this wire unconnected but if you want it to function as designed you'll have to connect it to the +12v comming off the gearbox reverse sensor.

If I was doing this I'd use scotchloks to make the connections, saves pissing around stripping wires & soldering.

I dont care much for it dimming when I'm reversing. As long as i'm not getting blinded on the highway it would be perfect for me.