PDA

View Full Version : Germans don't blow like japs.

thekinwc
01-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Dear Abby,
Engine size doesn't matter does it?The AC in my 316i compact is the same as a 318ti. I found that the AC never really cooled properly and the fan never really gave a good blow:frown: . Last year the blower stopped working on me, so I took it out and brought it to be cleaned up and fixed. When I reinserted and gave it a charge, the darn thing gave me the best blow ever but the AC is still not cooling that good. Do other people have this problem or am I..........different? I find this problem with almost all older Germans.
Your Truly,
Discontented

J!m
01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I've owned my '98 since new. The A/C sustem never impressed me, and I had the dealer look it over to verify everything was as it should be, and it was.

Since doing the swap, I now have te M3 compressor, and the aux. fan and the A/C is WAY better than the stock ti system was... I retained the ti condenser and evaporator, so it has to be the compressor and increased cooling of the condenser...

Perhaps another fan pushing air through the condenser when the A/C is on will do it? I can also say the M3 compressor is quite a bit larger than the ti one.

Changing the hepa filters can make a difference in the air volume, but does nothing for the temperature.

Also, using the recirculate buton will cool the car faster.

thekinwc
01-12-2006, 03:49 PM
After it was fixed by the local TV repair man it blows hard just not cold. I always have it on recirculate. I wonder if I could fit a bigger compressor. Thnx for advice.

Tyler
01-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah the stock ac sucks big time. Thats why i tinted my windows to keep some of the heat out.

durnadupa
01-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Gotta admit, those japs sure do know how to blow.