PDA

View Full Version : Brake Calliper Painting

HuGo
01-16-2006, 02:49 AM
Im going to get my car painted this week, same color and i want to paint the brake callipers. Do they sell montreal blue paint for the callipers?? I told my dad i wanted blue but he said you wont be able to notice, that i should do them grey/silver. What color would u guys think it would look nice with my car?? What paint or best place to buy the paint?? thx.

DustenT
01-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Im going to get my car painted this week, same color and i want to paint the brake callipers. Do they sell montreal blue paint for the callipers?? I told my dad i wanted blue but he said you wont be able to notice, that i should do them grey/silver. What color would u guys think it would look nice with my car?? What paint or best place to buy the paint?? thx.

Who is painting your car? You should take before and after pictures!!

Don't go to Macco's!!

aceyx
01-16-2006, 02:59 AM
Powdercoating has been discussed previously. It's probably the best way to get a color match, since the kits are usually limited colors.

aceyx
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Oops, that's supposed to be for the calipers only.

1996 328ti
01-16-2006, 03:16 AM
You can get any color powder coated.

Dredder
01-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Do it like me. Get a high temp ceramic paint, clean your calipers really well (sercret of painting), spray it on, stick it the oven (200 deg) for the paint to cure. You can run for hours at a time and your calipers will be cool to touch.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7290&highlight=caliper

Tyler
01-16-2006, 04:57 AM
I have red caliper paint for sale that i bought this past summer on tirerack. I never got the time to put it on. $30 delivered if you want it,it's 10 bucks more online.

HuGo
01-16-2006, 11:07 AM
what is powder coating?? How is it used?? how do i use it?? where can i get it?? Can this match up the color to the car?

stormos
01-16-2006, 12:16 PM
powdercoating places. i got mine done a couple of monthd ago...;. maybe i'll reassembl;e them some day....

i know bad typing, but config'in 20 3560 switches at the same time!!

aaaaahhhh

1996 328ti
01-16-2006, 01:48 PM
what is powder coating?? How is it used?? how do i use it?? where can i get it?? Can this match up the color to the car?Powder coating is a process of spraying a powder like substance on a part. The powder sticks to the part by a electrostatic system. Then the part is baked in an oven. The result is a smooth durable coating. We saw a demo of this where they were powder coating parts for a Hummer to be used in Iraq. The powder looks like a fine sand but they can add any color to it.

The caliper needs to be completely taken apart and then rebuilt with new a new rebuild kit. Look up powder coating. I'm sure these are people who have done it. Look in your local region on bf.c for advice.

HuGo
01-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Ill just buy the spray can and paint them gray or something, or ill just leave it alone. I would do yellow cuz yellow and blue go together *sometimes* but i pictured it on my head, WOULDNT LOOK GOOD. WHY? cuz interior is grey.

andyman7931
01-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Ill just buy the spray can and paint them gray or something, or ill just leave it alone. I would do yellow cuz yellow and blue go together *sometimes* but i pictured it on my head, WOULDNT LOOK GOOD. WHY? cuz interior is grey.

yellow = ricer HP

steelejared
01-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I was just browsing a website the other day that had caliper painting kits that looked pretty nifty. http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliper.html And, you can even get blue if you so desire. They make it sound pretty easy to apply and to find at the auto-zone type parts store.

I have stock Style 27 wheels with the ten spokes and it doesn't show much caliper. We are shy that way.

Jared

HuGo
01-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Some of you ppl have issues. I guess u guys dont really like asian people. LoL. ANYWAY, i just bought a digital camera, but doesnt help cuz my dad took my car, but my cousin said hell send them today.