PDA

View Full Version : Stock Battery

andrei
01-23-2006, 02:54 PM
I changed the battery when I bought it with an original BMW battery. This one is 165mm tall so a normal battery that is 175mm tall won't fit if I try to put the battery case top back. Do you know any manufaturers that make batterys that fit the stock TI battery compartment and have a higher CCA than the stock one(650-800 would be perfect).

andrei
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Comme on guys!! Nobody? Just tell me what battery do you guys use.

DustenT
01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I changed the battery when I bought it with an original BMW battery. This one is 165mm tall so a normal battery that is 175mm tall won't fit if I try to put the battery case top back. Do you know any manufaturers that make batterys that fit the stock TI battery compartment and have a higher CCA than the stock one(650-800 would be perfect).

Ummm....try you BMW dealer? I measured mine and went to walmart. I just grabbed one of the shelve that was close.

cali-ti
01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
i know there was a thread on this on the yahoo mailing list. it'll take me awhile to TRY to find it. how soon do you need one? you an always do as Dusten did and measure it :) i'll also look to see what i used when i get a chance to pop out to my garage. i was able to get the battery cover on and everything. believe it was just the sears diehard "euro" battery.

Gabriel_318
01-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Sears = http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=AUTO&pid=02833348000&tab=spe#tab

or Both AutoZone and O'Reilly have store brand 700A/875A for $65 + $10 core. Just make sure its a size group 48 (euro or international in most books) and it should fit the box.

I am probably replacing mine today too. :/

If I even so much as leave the radio on with the engine off for 15-20 min I can suffer a no-start, jumps off instantly, no charge-up needed...Annoyance

aceyx
01-23-2006, 10:22 PM
andrei; most major manufacturers should have something. it's difficult to reccommend something from this side of the atlantic.

cali-ti
01-23-2006, 10:25 PM
the yahoo list has guys from all over IF they contributed ... so something might be relevant if i can find the damn thread :)

J!m
01-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I use the optima red top, but the orange top would fit better, as the terminals are reversed on the orange top which fits perfectly with the stock cables in the ti.

with the red top I had to install a new ground cable (longer), but it works fine.

I'm fairly sure the top would still fit, but I had to cut mine to clear the diagnostic port, so the top does not stay on any longer...

andrei
01-24-2006, 11:37 AM
andrei; most major manufacturers should have something. it's difficult to reccommend something from this side of the atlantic.
I tryed BOSCH and VARTA and other manufacturers and none of them have 165mm tall batterys they all have recommandations for my car but they are 175mm tall and won't fit .

HuGo
01-24-2006, 11:57 AM
I tryed BOSCH and VARTA and other manufacturers and none of them have 165mm tall batterys they all have recommandations for my car but they are 175mm tall and won't fit .

Cut that sh*t in half, Negetive on left side, positive on right side. Use tape.