PDA

View Full Version : SIGHTED: ti on SSP

J!m
01-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I saw a ti last night, about 10:00 pm on the Southern State Parkway heading east.

NY plates BPS-6578, blue or green color (not sure in dark).

Anyone from here?

L84THSKY
01-23-2006, 03:40 PM
When you see a dark green Ti with NY plates "L84THSKY" flying down the SSP, you will know who it is.:biggrin:

I saw a ti last night, about 10:00 pm on the Southern State Parkway heading east.

NY plates BPS-6578, blue or green color (not sure in dark).

Anyone from here?

J!m
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I know it wasn't you. I did think of yoiu, but (obviously) it did not have your plate.

I was in the Defender, so may not have been noticed by the owner if they are a member...

Platanos
01-23-2006, 04:18 PM
what yr defender do you have? any pics? i just picked up a 95 disco I. i love it, but the more i look at the defenders the more i wish i had one!

J!m
01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
It's a 'grey market' 1995 300 Tdi 110 regular. (i don't have any pictures on this computer, but I'll see about posting some in my gallery)

Royal blue with a white roof top and wheels, full external roll cage, roof rack, 2 spare wheels, on-board hot water shower, roof top tent, on-board compressed air, refridgerator, winch, bull bar, limb risers, recarro seats, fully insulated and finished cargo area, 130 (double coil) 1-ton rear springs, extra lighting, GPS, CB w/ side bands, piggy-back fuel tank etc. etc.

Designed and built for expedition. I've had it to Newfoundland twice, all over the north east, all around the WV area (mid east area I guess you'd call it) as well as up to Ottawa twice. Built for a South African expedition, but that was post-poned. We may do the South American expedition first... Next trip is the end of February where we are driving the ice roads up to James Bay. I'll be adding another heater for that trip...

We'll be snowmobiling and dog sledding among other things... It should be fun!