PDA

View Full Version : Slow opening/closing of window

Bhav
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey

I am finding that my drivers window is extremely slow to open and close. I press the electric window switch to open my window and it starts to move really slowly. It then speeds up slightly once it is half open, but not to the speed that it should. It does the same for when it is closing as well.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? What do you think the problem is? I’m thinking that it is the motor but am not sure. I would be very grateful if somebody would be able to advise me with this problem I am having as it is very annoying.

Cheers

Juni
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
It happens to me sometimes. I never thought much of it.

halek
02-02-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, mine are slow too, always have been.

I cant find a definitive fix, not even sure if there is one. Been thinking about it for a while now,if the weathers not too crap tomorrow I might pull the door apart & clean/lube the mechanism,see if that makes any difference. Someone on another board said it can happen when the switch contacts get dirty but mine were fine,he might have been talking about the older E36 window switches which were a bit agricultural.

Phil Marx
02-02-2006, 06:47 PM
It could be an indication that the rubber in the guide channel is slipping or getting wadded up. Or that the window is coming off track mid-cycle. Or that the slider clips are in need of cleaning or lubing or maybe even that one is broken. Given how crappy the window mechanism is on these cars and the cost and inconvenience of having it go out completely when you need the car, I'd recommend some preventative maintenance and replacing of the clips while you're in there at a minimum. Be prepared for your door panel clip mounts to become separated from the door panel when you go inside so allow some extra time for JB Weld-ing them back on the door panel before assembly. There's a sticky all about window regulator problems on this board.

-Phil