PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Shift

SDKmann
02-08-2006, 12:02 AM
On the site mrpaddleshift.com they have packages to retro fit you bimmer with a paddle shift system. They dont have a package for a E36, only the E46, but dose anyone know how these things work and if it were possible to make/get one for a ti? Since on the autos they have the manual mode that allows you to do some shifting I thought it might be possible to make something that could control it with paddles.

AutoM3otives
02-08-2006, 12:09 AM
on the e46s that have tiptronic shift, they simply use an e46 m3 steering wheel and hack the wiring so that the wiring for the paddles connect to the shift up/shift down settings to the tiptronic box. so when you pull on upshift or downshift paddle, its basically like using your hand and shifting up or down on the tiptronic, just in this case, keeping your hands on the steering wheel and doing it with the paddles.

pls dont confuse the Ti's "manual mode" as being like a tiptronic. they aren't the same.

SDKmann
02-08-2006, 12:11 AM
I know its not tiptronic but I was wondering if I could make it work like one.

AutoM3otives
02-08-2006, 12:22 AM
nope.

need the steptronic option to make it work.

Panzer_M
02-08-2006, 12:28 AM
just say no to the Digistick.

Tyler
02-08-2006, 01:06 AM
I think the paddle shifts are retarded. I would much rather keep my tiptronic shifter than having paddles. IMO swap your transmission.