PDA

View Full Version : MTF for use with LTW flywheel?

Panzer_M
02-10-2006, 05:06 AM
looking at Redline MT 90 for use with the UUC Stage II. Sound ok, or should I use a different weight?

cossieturbo
02-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey mate... I was just asking myself a similar question. Try calling Redline in CA. (707) 745-6100 or (800) 624-7958 and here is their web site http://www.redlineoil.com

Even though I had the ATF-D4 put in I am beginning to wonder myself about something else. I may try the MTL as my ATF-D4 fill was free anyway. I love the UUC S2 setup though. should have been on the car from the factory!

cossieturbo

Panzer_M
02-10-2006, 06:52 AM
:( Damn I can't wait for this mod.

cali-ti
02-10-2006, 06:53 AM
you getting some rattle cossie or why are you thinking of changing?

cossieturbo
02-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Yup, some very minor rattling, but tonight it turned into bad vibration and rattling. tonight I started thinking it might be the rear bearing or front damper due to a possible miss balanced Clutch component (yes, it's that bad). I was a bit off for a while until I figured I would check this 130,000 mile Coil and guess what... Someone over tightened the connector and stripped the treads. So I always thought my car needed a tune-up and... Tomorrow I will find a new one and I hope that is all to the problem. A new set of plug wires are on their way from BMPD.COM anyway. Time to get my lazy arse back on the car.

The thoughts on the MTL is that it may stop the rattling right off. I was told to wait for 1,000 miles and it should fade. It's easy to live with and I can only imagine what the other kits sound like with the solid factory clutch disc. wow, the rattling must get old!

How many of us have a bunch of new parts just sitting in a box waiting for an install? Come on now... admit it, most of us do. I have the whole bit for the cooling system, but have not installed any of it. Take care mates.

cossieturbo

cali-ti
02-11-2006, 07:54 AM
i'm slowly working my way towards being able to drive my car again after what seems like forever. i still have boxes of parts to be installed at some point so i know exactly what you're talking about. i just want to experience my car again soon, lol.

good luck with the coil. they stripped the connector from the wiring harness plug? how'd they manage that one? i'm still on my original coil ... 212k ... and original clutch too.

let us know what effect the MTL has as well. thanks cossie!