PDA

View Full Version : Well, here I am

icegs
02-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey people! I just thought I'd introduce myself quickly.

I just bought my ti recently, and came across the forum. It's my second BMW; I had an old 320i a while ago. It was a great car, but I wouldn't really call it inspiring.

My ti is a '95 base model in Cordoba Read with a 5-speed and no sunroof. No major plans for it other than suspension and some better looking wheels and tires. The hubcaps just aren't doing it for me. It's just going to be an everyday car for me with a bit of autocross thrown in every once in a while. There are events almost every weekend through the summer around here, and I've never seen a ti at any of them.

I've been mostly a Toyota guy in the past. I had a Couple mid-eighties Corolla GTS's, and currently have a '71 Corolla coupe and a '71 Corolla wagon. They're both projects. The coupe is getting worked over pretty well, but I'm just giving the wagon a little extra power and converting it to a standard trans. The coupe is taking way longer than I had hoped. I should have known better -- the projects always take longer than you expect. I just don't want to get involved with another big one right now.

Anyways, it's a great site here with lots if information. One of the best things is people actually post with real sentences. I'll be kicking around for a while and taking it all in.

cali-ti
02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
One of the best things is people actually post with real sentences.
well, most people anyway :) welcome!

davep-uk
02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
welcome from the UK.

bmwracerchick
02-22-2006, 09:35 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG YOUR KIDDING! You have a cordabarot!!!!! HOLY SHIZNIT! Finally! You have no idea how awesome that is, there is another ti driver with a cordabarot metallic car. Well Cordoda Red for you. PLEASE post pictures. I am not a psycho but there is not a single other person that has the same color car as me that I have seen yet. ( I have posted everywhere looking for others with that color )

...well now that I officially freaked you out, welcome to the forum!!!!

96cali
02-22-2006, 11:27 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG YOUR KIDDING! You have a cordabarot!!!!! HOLY SHIZNIT! Finally! You have no idea how awesome that is, there is another ti driver with a cordabarot metallic car. Well Cordoda Red for you. PLEASE post pictures. I am not a psycho but there is not a single other person that has the same color car as me that I have seen yet. ( I have posted everywhere looking for others with that color )

...well now that I officially freaked you out, welcome to the forum!!!!

Absolutely, she is not psycho. No, really...:wink:

Welcome! Have you heard of CGMotorsport? They're in Vancouver I think.

bmwracerchick
02-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Absolutely, she is not psycho. No, really...:wink:

lol thanks....:tongue:

Tyler
02-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the site.

weezer
02-23-2006, 01:12 AM
This is a great site to be a member of.....I'm actually addicted now. Can't get a day pass without logging on.
On a side note.........BMWRACERCHICK.....did you lower your car?
Those 15" looks bigger now.....sorry to interupt the thread.
Thanks

PettitWC
02-23-2006, 01:48 AM
yo what's up man. i've never seen a ti with no sunroof, sounds interesting

PettitWC
02-23-2006, 04:03 AM
On a side note.........BMWRACERCHICK.....did you lower your car?
Those 15" looks bigger now.....sorry to interupt the thread.
Thanks

gotta be photo shop, i like the rims though. they look nice a couple inches bigger

bmwracerchick
02-23-2006, 04:20 AM
gotta be photo shop, i like the rims though. they look nice a couple inches bigger

lol it is a photoshop, I really wish our rims were bigger, omg you have no idea...

PettitWC
02-23-2006, 04:21 AM
lol it is a photoshop, I really wish our rims were bigger, omg you have no idea...

hell yeah, they look mad tight...and it would have saved me some money!!!

96cali
02-23-2006, 05:01 AM
lol thanks....:tongue:

goes without saying. You have the prettiest avatar on here too btw- I love that pic. :yes:

icegs
02-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey, thanks for the great welcome!

I have heard of CGMotorsports. They are in town here -- that kind of thing is nice. I might head down there next week to pick some suspension stuff up. I have that disease like a lot of people, and just can't leave things the way they are.

As soon as we get some sun around here, I'll get some pics up.

m-technik_ti
02-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey, thanks for the great welcome!

I have heard of CGMotorsports. They are in town here -- that kind of thing is nice. I might head down there next week to pick some suspension stuff up. I have that disease like a lot of people, and just can't leave things the way they are.

As soon as we get some sun around here, I'll get some pics up.

Hey, great to see another B.C. ti on the forum! Talk to Chris @ CGMotorsports, he'll take care of you. They've done all the work on my car and I’ve been very happy with their service; they are great people to deal with. Now let’s see some pics!