PDA

View Full Version : Fixed My OBC

HuGo
02-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Well what do you know, i fixed my obc. Problem was it wasnt connected all the way in. Last time that i took it out, it looked as if it was connected. So i opened it up again today and i noticed like this little latch thing had to go all the way to back like a little lock, so i guess that pushed the thing into the little wholes further in so it turned on.

To check the MPG, MPH stuff you gotta push it in with the handle to the left of the steerting wheel right? I was pushing the s/r button and it wouldnt do anything, but to switch to the other stuff i was pushing in from the handle.

I got a few questions, since i dont have an owners manual i dont know how to function this. While your driving and you put the MPH, you hold down the s/r button to reset to knew speed right? Cuz i remember before, i put it on, then i came to a complete stop and it wouldnt go to 0 mph right away, it would climb down slowly. Im guessing the MPG same thing right, hold down the s/r button?

I dont know what the other one does, it has an arrow and has a number, (--> M) whats that for? Oh, and my temperature reads negative 40, so how do i fix that one. Everytime the car gets turned on, not the engine but the eletronics, the F on the temperature blinks a few times before stoping,why does it do this.

Thx for the help.

Variance
02-26-2006, 02:47 AM
The number followed by an M that you're referring to is most like the the remaining gas reading. It tells you approximately how many miles you have left before you need to fill up. As for resetting the temperature and such, I can't help you there.

aceyx
02-26-2006, 05:47 AM
Temperature sensor is probably missing or not properly plugged in. -40 is the default reading. The blinking is an ice warning (there should be a chime too).

snwbrdrbum10
02-26-2006, 06:22 AM
There are 5 OBC operations. there is the temperature which is self explanitory, clock...same thing.. the -->M is Miles remaining on the amount of gas you have left in your tank. There is MPH which is your average MPH since your last reset, and there is MPG how many miles per gallon you've been getting since your last reset...the controls are in the blinker switch..push in to toggle the 5 operations. the S/R button on the clock itself is the set/reset button and the clock obviously jumps right to the clock.

And as for the "F" blinking, it's trying to calibrate and get a true sense for the temp..in other words, it 'proccessing'

HuGo
02-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Temperature sensor is probably missing or not properly plugged in. -40 is the default reading. The blinking is an ice warning (there should be a chime too).

chime? do you mean the sound that goes, (dee dee) when i start the engine? How can i fix my Temperature thing?

snwbrdrbum10
02-26-2006, 04:13 PM
yes and no. that beep beep happens when you start, and when the outside temperature reaches +37 degrees, or 5 above freezing, because it anticipates that the roads will get icy long before the air temp gets to 32deg. as for fixing it, i have no idea...sry

cali-ti
02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
chime? do you mean the sound that goes, (dee dee) when i start the engine? How can i fix my Temperature thing?
the air temp sensor sits in one of the brake ducts. as aceyx said, check to see if it's (1) there and (2) connected properly. i forget if it's driver's or passenger's side.

HuGo
02-28-2006, 01:23 AM
brake duct? i dont know what that looks like. Where can i buy a new thermometer for cheap besides going 2 the dealer

snwbrdrbum10
02-28-2006, 03:03 AM
salvage yard, there are actually one on each of my brake ducts, i'm unsire which it the temperature though. One's yellow, the other is black(connectors) so either BMW dealer or salvage yard off an e36

DustenT
02-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Driver's side brake duct. Big Yellow connector. It looks like a little 2" prong. Mine reads -40 too, I "modified" it to measure intake air temp, I hasn't been the same since. FYI...It's filled with a white liquid, probably grease.

HuGo
02-28-2006, 07:50 AM
salvage yard, there are actually one on each of my brake ducts, i'm unsire which it the temperature though. One's yellow, the other is black(connectors) so either BMW dealer or salvage yard off an e36

any e36 car?