PDA

View Full Version : Question on S/Cs other than DASC

iammemares
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
So I have been doing a little research. a few questions:

1. The Midnight Auto source out of Florida, I thought I saw a post that mentioned concerns about this organization and their product. It appears to be the same unit as DASC, just with different plumbing etc. Any comments on the stage setup from this company??

2. A company called activeautowerkes (activeautowerke.com) in florida sells a "rotrex" style SC. Looks like a turbo but is belt driven. Dont know if they make an application for the 318.

Any thoughts or known concerns appreciated.

Gettin ready to be blown in Arizona,
Mark

andyman7931
02-28-2006, 05:19 PM
So I have been doing a little research. a few questions:

1. The Midnight Auto source out of Florida, I thought I saw a post that mentioned concerns about this organization and their product. It appears to be the same unit as DASC, just with different plumbing etc. Any comments on the stage setup from this company??

there's several posts here about them, I thought of getting one of their kits, but opted not to once I got into it. Here's the link regarding my experiences. http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8888

Their kit is essentially the same as the DA kit except instead of making a cast manifold, they weld an adapter onto a cut stock manifold. I don't know if the casting is better, but it looks a lot cleaner. They also use a different supercharger.

2. A company called activeautowerkes (activeautowerke.com) in florida sells a "rotrex" style SC. Looks like a turbo but is belt driven. Dont know if they make an application for the 318.

Any thoughts or known concerns appreciated.

Gettin ready to be blown in Arizona,
Mark

they use a centrifugal supercharger, there's pros and cons to this design. They don't offer a 318 kit and I don't know if they are ever planning one. Looking at their prices for the 6 cylinder kits, prepare to shell out some big $ if/when they have one.