PDA

View Full Version : Stellar keyless entry problems

schultz318
03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I recently purchased a Stellar BMW45P keyless entry system. After installation and programming the remotes I still can not get the unit to work. One of the troublshooting suggestions is that the vehicle is prewired for BMW factory alarm/keyless entry. There are 4 fuses used in this system that may have not been installed at the factory because the car had no alarm. So the solution is to check and install the correct fuses. Some are located under the hood in the fuse block, but it states that there is a fuse block under the drivers side dash where these fuses may be located. All fuses under the hood are correct and in place. After taking the necessary panels off for the life of me I can not see any fuses under the drivers side dash. Are there some fuses there that I do not see? Maybe I need to look again harder, but any help in where exactly to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the forums help!

Etienne
03-03-2006, 07:04 PM
I am not sure where you fuses might be, but I installed a rattler keyless entry on my previous (95 base model) and current (96 sport). Both worked fine, though it took a while to figure out the wiring.

Maybe the '99 has a different factory set-up though... /shrug

J!m
03-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I believe the alarm fuse is W A Y up high on the drivers firewall, above the pedals. A single fuse, not in a fuse block.

Good luck...

halek
03-09-2006, 01:06 PM
I believe the alarm fuse is W A Y up high on the drivers firewall, above the pedals. A single fuse, not in a fuse block.

Good luck...

yup, bang on the money again there J!m :smile:

If you dont know where to look it can be a real pig to find, see here (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8354&highlight=alarm+fuse)

J!m
03-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks.

I personally don't care for noisy alarms, but it pays to know what makes them tick when you have to fix and/or eliminate them for others who share my opinion of them....

andyman7931
03-09-2006, 07:58 PM
so if I pop this fuse will my alarm stop beeping at me when I use my keyless entry?

J!m
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
I think there's a bit more to it than just that. The entire module needs to be disconnected from the system, and the car put back to an "alarm-less" mode. Just by-passing a single fuse will most likely put it into (at best) limp mode, and at worst, not start at all. It will think you are trying to steal it!

I would start with pulling the negative off the battery after waiting about 5 minutes (with the car un-locked and the alarm in the OFF mode), then remove all the alarm fuses, then disconnect the alarm module behind the glove box. Then reconnect the battery and see if it will start...

Good luck!

andyman7931
03-10-2006, 12:26 AM
that sounds like a real pain!

how come 1 of my cars beeps when I use the keyless entry and the other doesn't, yet they both have an alarm that if you monkey with the car when locked it'll yell. I just don't like the beeping when I lock and unlock my car. I'd like both to be like my wife's...