PDA

View Full Version : Cat delete with DASC?

DustenT
03-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Has anyone with a DASC removed their cat? I'm curious how smelly it is. My turbo Civic didn't have a cat and it reeked like rich exhaust all the time, I'm curious how bad the Ti is.

I see Supersprint makes a cat delete Racing Resonator. Does anyone have one? I need to be able to re-install the cat if needed so I don't want to have the complete exhaust redone. Thanks!

lkwd318ti
03-05-2006, 02:51 AM
I believe that Viper3812 had that racing resonator on his car a while back, but he didn't have the DASC equipped.
Hopefully he'll see this post and hopefully it'll help everyone out.

-Randy

cali-ti
03-05-2006, 04:04 AM
Has anyone with a DASC removed their cat? I'm curious how smelly it is. My turbo Civic didn't have a cat and it reeked like rich exhaust all the time, I'm curious how bad the Ti is.

I see Supersprint makes a cat delete Racing Resonator. Does anyone have one? I need to be able to re-install the cat if needed so I don't want to have the complete exhaust redone. Thanks!
ZeroG possibly about to do this on his 318is? he got the supersprint part, just not sure if he's eliminating the cat or not.

mss318ti
03-05-2006, 06:16 AM
Guys,

When it comes to SuperSprint parts, we carry them currently, but I would not recommend them to anyone. They are for the most part over priced and the quality is a joke for the price. I understand why you would want to do it but I would look into alternative ways of doing it even doing a custom one off by the local muffler shop in my opinion would be a better choice (price vs value). If you let me know what you are trying to do and how soon you would like to get it done, maybe I can help you out. Again this is just my 2 cents worth.

Greg Scrivner
SEAM
OEM & Performance BMW Parts

Panzer_M
03-05-2006, 06:53 AM
testpipe...do it.

AlaskaBlue
03-05-2006, 06:54 AM
I had my cat removed for 50 bucks..cash of course. They custom bent up a pipe, cut out the cat section, and welded the new piece in. It took maybe five minutes. Not too smelly either.

DustenT
03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. As a rule of thumb your N/A cars aren't going to smell too bad. The reason I asked for feedback from someone with a DASC is because my Air/Fuel ratio drops as low as 10:1 under boost, that's a really rich mixture, and I was curious how much you can smell it in the cab and outside.

mss318ti - If you can fab up an cat replacement pipe, I'll buy it. Let me know what you can do.

GDB
03-05-2006, 08:54 PM
As far as a cat replacment, what I've seen alot of people do is just cut out the cat and put a resonator in there (magnaflow seems to be popular). Sometime in the next month or so I will be putting a Dynomax race bullet inplace of my cat, I'll let you know how it sounds.

1rstbmw!
03-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I bought Vipers supersprint resonator, the smell isn't bad but I don't have a DASC.You will notice a big change in how loud it is but it still keeps the same tone.

ZeroG
03-07-2006, 12:33 AM
I will be removing mine shortly. Hopefully sometime this week. I willd be installing new headers along with the Cat Bypass pipe. I will post results, somewhere.

FATHER
03-07-2006, 04:08 AM
hey chek this page www.318supercharger.com, i think that is better than the DASC, I can bay the stage 3, also chek the videos

1rstbmw!
03-07-2006, 04:23 AM
hey chek this page www.318supercharger.com, i think that is better than the DASC, I can bay the stage 3, also chek the videos

LoL, I guess you havn't checked in in a while.

ZeroG
03-07-2006, 05:14 PM

I was going to say there are quite a number of posts regarding several kits that have just come to market for the M42 and M44 enigine. The stage III kit running 10.5 PSI with Water Injection as a coolant could work. The kit has not been proven to work over the years liek the DASC has.

You can always take the step for us and let us know the results.