PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Goose
03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi

I'm a newbie here, interested in buying a 318ti, so I thought I'd come and do some research.

Is the 318 worth buying? what model should I buy? What are the pros and cons of the car compared to others in the price range?

If you could give me any info, it'd be great. You could have a 318ti furture fanboy on your hands here, so anything would be great. They look like nice cars, and, well, you lot should know some stuff about them, so, what do you think?

Thanks

Goose.

J!m
03-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome.

I have had mine since new (1998) and will never sell it.

Do yourself a favor and drive a few before buying. Also, avoid the automatic as it robbs some power from the engine; the ti engine is up to the task, but no screamer either. Supercharging is a popular power up-grade, as is complete engine swaps (as I have done).

Do make use of the search function before posting a new thread.

Best of luck!

ZX12R
03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
hi, i have a 96 sport automatic, i drive in alot of traffic and i just got tired of having a stick.plus i love the hatch back it carries everything i need too.it's one the best cars ive owned, i think they just feel more solid and refined than a jap car of around the same price and years.

SDKmann
03-22-2006, 06:07 PM
If you are going to buy a 318 then you should get the ti. The ti is lighter then the other 318s and is much more unique. I have a 96 auto but I agree with J!m that you should go for a manual.