PDA

View Full Version : Indicator problem..?

Actin
03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
My front left indicator has decided to stop working so if I signal left the rear and side lights flicker really fast.

I checked the bulb already and its fine. Noticed some water had gotten in on the connectors as the indicator light cover is quite loose :confused:

Blown fuse possibly?

If so can anyone describe where it located as I have no manual?

Actin
03-24-2006, 02:41 PM
where the fuse is located that is...

cali-ti
03-24-2006, 04:09 PM
fuse box is under the hood, driver's side (at least on US spec tis), very near the firewall, it has a plastic cover on it. on the underside of the cover, it indicates what each fuse is for.

aceyx
03-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Once you get that bulb fixed, the fast-flash problem will go away. Check bulb voltage too.

rendoll911
03-24-2006, 09:12 PM
yeah my right blinker did that, it was a little corroded so i cleaned it up with some steel wool and it blinked normally again

vsonix
06-08-2010, 05:14 PM
hmm, I just got my car back from the garage a week or so ago, and later that day I got the same problem. I just tried replacing the bulb today (which appeared to be fine) and that doesn't work either, still get the rapid clicking. The other indicators on that side all flash OK. One other thing I noticed when I tried replacing the bulb the first time is that after I closed the hood again the one of the left headlights was on (can't remember if main or dipped beam) which I found odd as I hadn't used the headlights in days. I switched them on then off again and they seemed to be OK.

Can anyone confirm/deny that swapping a fuse will fix this?

thanks!

cooljess76
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
If any turn signal lights are blown on that particular side of the vehicle, it will flash really fast. Chances are, it's a different light that's blown, perhaps a sidemarker or taillight.

vsonix
06-10-2010, 01:25 AM
it's definitely the front left indicator... but I swapped the bulb (which appears OK) for a new one and it still didn't work; checked the fusebox (not the most straight-forward layout ever!), all the fuses appear OK... so I'm a bit stumped... will check the tail lights tomorrow.

vsonix
06-18-2010, 06:42 PM
OK turned out that the inside of the fitting was quite badly rusted/corroded and this was causing a broken circuit, hence replacing the bulb not having any effect.

michaelross
06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I had a similar experience before and the turn signal don't seem to work out right. And then when the mechanic checked on it, he said that it was an electrical problem. Had to replace the fuse and the turn signal lens (http://www.car-stuff.com/turnsignallens.htm) also.

vsonix
06-22-2010, 10:18 PM
hmm well oddly it's come back again :lol

will need to look at it again in the morning...