PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Interior Lighting / Rear Windscreen Wiper.

ubiquity
03-24-2006, 06:24 PM
I currently have a fault in my Ti whereby if the Interior lighting is set to "on when a door is opened", it comes on intermittently and at different strengths while driving.

Also, although I do not know if the two are connected, my rear windscreen wiper will not stop once started, which means I usually dont bother using it unless I am in slow moving traffic in some sort of monsoon!

I dont know if anyone has experienced either of these two problems, or if they are connected, but I would be grateful for any advice anyone can give!

snwbrdrbum10
03-24-2006, 06:59 PM
first off, the lighting...not sure take it to a local auto zone and get it tested, see if there's a ground or something that's off...second, to stop the rear wiper, you have to push the wiper button 2 or 3 times; i hit it 3 times, the wiper will go back and forth twice, not just once, then it should be off, but you have to tap the rear wiper switch back a few times, make sure it goes, rotates the wiper twice, then it should be off.

ubiquity
03-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the help regarding the rear wiper, I will try that as soon as I get the car back.

The car is still under a 3 year warrenty from the dealer I bought it from and I dont see how the can wriggle out of paying for the interior light, unless they can some how class it as wear and tear, and if so I will try to prove it was probably due to the previous owner trying to wire in the uprated speaker package with some black tape and a shed load of incompetence!

snwbrdrbum10
03-24-2006, 07:14 PM
definetly, if you need more help with your rear wiper, i think it's in the manual, so refer to that too

angel318ti
03-24-2006, 07:33 PM
there's a swith on your door sill. sometimes that switch sticks and can cause the lights to come on. the swith is inside the door catch. just stick your finger inside and just try to push the switch in and out to see if your lights come on. make sure you do this with the ignition on.

halek
03-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Regarding your interior light, check the switch on the hatch. Mine comes on intermitantly if the hatch hasn't been closed properly.