PDA

View Full Version : No Heater OR Air???

jeph23
03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Okay, so, a couple of weeks ago I get in my car and since it was a little nippy, turned my knob up to 4 and nothing. No air coming out of it at all. So, I drove it for a few blocks, saying some pretty nasty obscenities by the way, and then all of a sudden, it kicked on. So, I was like, "oh well, works now, who cares, must've just been a little pissed at me or something." So, then about a week later, same thing. Get in, turn it up to 4, nothing. Turn the air on, everything that you can think of and no air comes out. So, the obscenities start flying again. This time I get about 2 miles down the road and just decide to rev up the motor to see if it would kick anything on. Sure enough did. Okay, so then the next day and every following day after that, it does the same thing, but, the revving the motor thing doesn't work, must've just been a fluke. But, it seems though, if I hit a small bump or pothole, it kicks on then. Like, something is sticking. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to spend like a grand to take it in to have them go through everything and find out it was just a relay or something ya know? Our BMW dealership here SUCKS. Well, sucks the money out of your pocket anyways... So, if someone could help me out, that would be AWESOME. I'm running out of obscenities... Thanks!

Jeph

campaiar
03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Sounds like your blower motor is going. They can stick like your describing when they start to go.

jeph23
03-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Ya, that's what I kinda figured. I am going to dig in this weekend and try and fix it. Any idea on where it is located?