PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on hand

Juni
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey guys need some guidence,

I know this guy that owns a body shop, so some guy brings in a messed up 95 325is balck on black for body work. It has 30K on the clock! So he gets most of the body work done, and at some point the owner of the car goes to jail for fraud or something. Then the bank wants to repo the car, but since the body shop had done all this work, they didnt want to lose their money.

So in the end they go to court and get to keep the car by law. Although you cannot register it in MA. Sold as a parts car only........He told me that I can have it for $1500. Now the interior in the car is mint, its 6cyl, 5 speed, and 30K on the engine to boot. Should I buy the car and use what I need and part out the rest? This would be one of the cheapest conversions options I'll probably ever have. Any thoughts would be helpful.

L84THSKY
03-30-2006, 10:05 PM
That motor sounds tempting. That could be the start of a 6 cylinder swap. Any one think this engine would be a good choice for a swap. I would go in with you on purchasing the car.
Are you sure about the mileage, and history?

Hey guys need some guidence,

I know this guy that owns a body shop, so some guy brings in a messed up 95 325is balck on black for body work. It has 30K on the clock! So he gets most of the body work done, and at some point the owner of the car goes to jail for fraud or something. Then the bank wants to repo the car, but since the body shop had done all this work, they didnt want to lose their money.

So in the end they go to court and get to keep the car by law. Although you cannot register it in MA. Sold as a parts car only........He told me that I can have it for $1500. Now the interior in the car is mint, its 6cyl, 5 speed, and 30K on the engine to boot. Should I buy the car and use what I need and part out the rest? This would be one of the cheapest conversions options I'll probably ever have. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Juni
03-31-2006, 02:56 AM
Car faxed it and everything. It's accurate. I sounds like the project is really coming alive now.

Platanos
03-31-2006, 03:37 AM
1500!!!!! thats insane....you better get on that!!! Damn you lucky sob. i wish i could come across something like that.

Tyler
03-31-2006, 03:38 AM
Hey Juni that engine is perfect for New England weather. I'm just saying it's not going to have an abundance of power which will make winters very sucky even with snow tires on. I'd say go for it,whatever you don't use sell as parts and you'll make you money back and some..

Juni
03-31-2006, 03:48 AM
whats more is that it only has 30K on the clock which makes it that much more attractive. Its like having a close to new car. That plus the 5 speed swap alone is worth more than $1500. And ever come the time that I want more power, I can always just build up a turbo kit on the 325 platform and get decent performance numbers, but i'm jumping ahead of myself.

cali-ti
03-31-2006, 03:52 AM
BUY BUY BUY!

L84THSKY
03-31-2006, 05:32 AM
The one thing I forgot about was that the engine is OBDI, and our cars are OBDII.

whats more is that it only has 30K on the clock which makes it that much more attractive. Its like having a close to new car. That plus the 5 speed swap alone is worth more than $1500. And ever come the time that I want more power, I can always just build up a turbo kit on the 325 platform and get decent performance numbers, but i'm jumping ahead of myself.

cali-ti
03-31-2006, 06:23 AM
if Juni has the time and space, he could still easily sell off parts for more than $1500 and fund a swap or whatever he wants.

dguzzardo22
03-31-2006, 06:36 AM
if you dont buy id be really intrested

Juni
03-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I also researched that the 325 motor is actually a preffered motor platform for forced induction. Thicker walls, thicker rods, non-vanos, etc. I'm gonna give the guy a call and I'll prolly end up getting it. So I should have a swap come summer time.

halobeamin
03-31-2006, 02:10 PM
yeah dude definitely that sounds good to me too

amaazzzzzzzzing!

aceyx
03-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I'd be concerned about the OBD conversion, as well as legality. I think you're supposed to swap to same-year or newer motors, but I can't find a cite on that. Don't know if that's federal or state reg.

Juni
03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Well if thats the case, I can still use the 5 speed conversion and sell everything else and basically get my conversion for free.