318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic - US (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Spotted! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23446)

elchicano 10-25-2008 02:57 AM

I'm working on a house and across the street I see a boston green Ti. An elderly woman was driving it, I might just drop off a card tomorrow.

spidertri 02-20-2009 10:44 PM

Saw, what some call, an Alpine White Ti sport with the 96 sidemarkers going North on I-95 today around 11am near Exit 41. I gave the thumbs up to the woman driving and she waved at me. Great looking car!

tiFreak 02-21-2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidertri (Post 217185)
Saw a Alaska White Ti sport

Alpine? :wink:

spidertri 02-21-2009 03:19 AM

Yeah, thats what I meant.

PS- this is the Mid-A forum, so...your posts don't count here...:biggrin:

spidertri 02-24-2009 02:14 AM

Saw a ti on campus today. It was coming out of Regent's garage onto Regent's drive. It was black with unpainted lowers. It had a huge vinyl BMW roundel on the rear window and various other vinyls plastered all over the car. Had a fart can, which appeared to be rusted, and bottlecaps. No 318ti.org logo, thank goodness.

That is the second completely trashed ti I have seen in college park, sucks.

spidertri 11-05-2009 12:42 AM

Bringing this back from the dead.

Walked out to my car in lot 9 today and found another ti parked next to me. It was silver, automatic, and had MA tags. I didn't see any ti.org stickers. Glad to see another ti on campus.

lysergicsurfer 11-05-2009 01:32 AM

From your first post over a year ago, I think I saw the same boston green ti. I was in virgina a little more than a year ago, car was just like you described. I remember that car specifically becuase I had never seen a ti with a bike rack on the hatch before. I cant belive how people can go long periods of time without seeing another ti. I am in the same boat with you and I discover a new ti almost daily. Before I had bought my ti, I would rarely see one. I remember only 2 that I would see once in a while who live around here. Now, most days I see a couple out of the 10 or so ti's that reside in this area. Almost daily, I see a ti which i haven't seen before. I have only seen 3 ti's with 318ti.org stickers, and I have not seen a ti modified beyond different rims. A couple of the local ti's are kept in ok condition. Only one of them(a sport) is always looking flawless. All of the other ti's are in terrible shape, most have sagging bumpers(some missing bumpers), faded paint, mixmatched rims, never washed, absolutely no care and respect. When I see a ti at a redlight, I wave, and if I run into one at a gas station or parking lot, I say hello sometimes say something about their nice car. In return they look away and act like they don't see me, acting like I am crazy or stupid. I hate seeing people let these cars rust away as if its a honda. Just wondering if anyone else see's these cars treated so badly?

tiFreak 11-05-2009 01:46 AM

there used to be a pretty ratty hellrot in my town, rust all over, including the hubcap-less steelies, only a few spots of clearcoat left on the entire car, the last time I saw it about 2 years ago it was on a flat bed and I haven't seen it since

I also used to see a black one, contour reps, parts of the interior were painted red and it was obviously beat on every day, trim was missing, looked like it had been bottomed out hard at least once because half the front bumper was missing, last time I saw it it had a for sale sign and was parked in the guys lawn

haven't seen many since then but there's a pretty decent looking black one with hubcaps that I've seen around town twice, I'm hoping to eventually meet the guy and refer him here since he gave me a thumbs up when I passed him in my ti once :)

2ndBimmer 11-05-2009 02:38 AM

Saw a red Ti today @ Columbia mall ~12:30. Had the blue style Save the Bay MD plates.

ajoystick 11-05-2009 05:16 AM

its rare to see other ti's around austin, but somehow there is a alpine (white) ti in my very small neighborhood :eek: with the mtech bumpers that i get to drool over from time to time. And another two at the community college campus i go to. :rolleyes: none with the .org stickers tho.

familytruckster 11-14-2009 08:23 PM

Silver ti with M front bumper on 795 this morning around midnight. Flew by me doing 80+

And I have seen a hellrot M-tech in Hanover PA a few times.

bubela 12-22-2009 08:09 PM

Blue ti with aftermarket alloy/aluminum color wheels of some kind (looked large, like maybe 18"+) driving East on 422 around 3:30pm 12/21 between Oaks and Trooper.
Nice hatchback!

2ndBimmer 12-27-2009 05:18 AM

I tailed a, possibly, green Ti last night on I695 right near the I97 exit heading west. Had white MD plates. My god man! its christmas! Stop driving your awesome car and go get more family time in! =D

familytruckster 12-29-2009 04:47 AM

Super friggin clean black with tinted windows and some silver/chrome wheels on BW parkway heading north around 12:30pm this afternoon.

bullet 01-22-2010 10:57 PM

Spotted a silver clubsport around here in Rt 7. looks hella clean too.