318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Glad I Don't Live In Arizona (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8628)

cali-ti 01-24-2006 05:21 AM

Glad I Don't Live In Arizona

just heard they installed photo radar (sensors embedded in the road). they expect to get 1000 tickets a day @ $157 each (vs the 10 a day they get with actual live cops). at least it's all about safety ...

bmwracerchick 01-24-2006 05:24 AM

yeah I heard about that around here in Florida. If they catch you speeding, it snaps a picture of the plate and you get a ticket in the mail...how ****ty would that be....

cali-ti 01-24-2006 05:33 AM

and considering many people probably drive the same road day after day ... how long does it take for that first ticket to show up? and then the next ... and the next ...

1996 328ti 01-24-2006 05:37 AM

There already have that in Washington, DC.

bmwracerchick 01-24-2006 05:37 AM

well I heard you get a warning for mail tickets, and then you have to remail it stating you understand what your at fault for and that you recieved the warnings, after the warning is sent and delivered I think you have a few days until it automatically sends you a ticket. Its not like you keep getting tickets and then oh **** the first ticket comes followed by 40 others. I dunno the full details thats the info I got from my father who is a cop

IBGPN 01-24-2006 05:53 AM

They sell a paint that goes on clear...looks clear but does not show your tags if a photo is taken. We have them here at red lights. I got some of it and it really works. I took some pictures of my Jeep with it on the tag, and you can not read it. Looks like a bright flash hit it or something.

thekinwc 01-24-2006 05:53 AM

It will probably meet a quota and stop ticketing half way through the month.

BmWwHiPPin 01-24-2006 05:55 AM

i think it was in the Bavauto catalog i got they have these plates that you put over your lisence plate and then when stuff like that happens it will reflect off and be blurry ill check into and post what i find

cali-ti 01-24-2006 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBGPN
They sell a paint that goes on clear...looks clear but does not show your tags if a photo is taken. We have them here at red lights. I got some of it and it really works. I took some pictures of my Jeep with it on the tag, and you can not read it. Looks like a bright flash hit it or something.

gotta love the entrepreneurial american spirit :)

EDIT: the covers are likely to be noticed by a cop (i've seen them before, my ex-gf's parents, who lived in AR, had them on their cars) ... i didn't know they made a paint, that's more stealth :)

snwbrdrbum10 01-24-2006 06:01 AM

Juct take off your front plate and put on a euro..like me...cant do **** then...they have those here in CO for running lights, and they cant trak those

BmWwHiPPin 01-24-2006 06:02 AM

I found it on www.bavauto.com then under exterior and then again under lisence plates and frames heres what it says about it.....
Side and Overhead Protection

The Super Protector is your defense against the red light camera and the speed camera. It is a cover for your license plate that makes the numbers on your license plate(s) unreadable by a photo radar or red light camera. When you view the license plate straight on, the numbers are perfectly readable, but from the angle of the speed camera or red light camera, the numbers can not be seen. Fits all US and Canadian license plates.

This product is best suited for protection from conventional photo radar/laser cameras mounted low on side of road, photo radar/laser cameras mounted high overhead, usually on poles, bridges, & overpasses and in areas where multiple camera angles are used. Check local statutes before ordering. Buyer assumes all responsibility for using these lenses in compliance with local motor vehicle codes in their area of vehicle use.

1996 328ti 01-24-2006 06:05 AM

$50 fine in Maryland. Anything to obscure your license plate is going to be illegal.

IBGPN 01-24-2006 06:07 AM

Mine looks just like a clear Rhino Lining...kinda rough to the touch but clear as day.

AR girl huh. SWEET.

dodj 01-24-2006 07:57 AM

wtf they have cameras embedded in the road?!

here they have cameras in big 4x4 parked on teh side of the road, kind of easy to spot. but i still have be caught more than once, coz im and idiot.

michaelhofastcar 01-24-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwracerchick
I dunno the full details thats the info I got from my father who is a cop

Be careful guys. Someone said her father is a cop. Since we are all law abidding citizens, we obey traffic law at all times, don't we?