318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   I'm thinking about buying a ti. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   1995 318ti (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6750)

impulse922 08-24-2005 01:42 AM

1995 318ti

There is a local listing around where i live for a 1995 red BMW 318ti for $5500 USD i believe it has an automatic not sure about the miles from given information would you say it is a good deal ?

roadrash 08-24-2005 03:41 AM

Short answer: Based on my shopping over the past few months, that price is within the range that these cars usually sell for.

Long answer: That's not a "bad" price, but there are several variables...
  • What is the general condition of the car? (interior, exterior, and engine)
  • Does the owner have service records to indicate that the car has been taken care of?
  • What is the mileage?
  • Is it a Base model, or does it have the Active or Sport package?
  • Does it have any features that typically add value? (e.g., alloy wheels or California Roof)

You also have to determine if the car is "what you really want." E.g., if you know that you want a 318ti with the Sport package, and the car in question is a Base model, you probably won't be satisfied with it regardless of how much you pay for it.

cali-ti 08-24-2005 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrash
Short answer: Based on my shopping over the past few months, that price is within the range that these cars usually sell for.

Long answer: That's not a "bad" price, but there are several variables...
  • What is the general condition of the car? (interior, exterior, and engine)
  • Does the owner have service records to indicate that the car has been taken care of?
  • What is the mileage?
  • Is it a Base model, or does it have the Active or Sport package?
  • Does it have any features that typically add value? (e.g., alloy wheels or California Roof)

You also have to determine if the car is "what you really want." E.g., if you know that you want a 318ti with the Sport package, and the car in question is a Base model, you probably won't be satisfied with it regardless of how much you pay for it.

yeah, what he said :) way too many variables and not enough info to say whether that is a good price.

JPerfect 08-24-2005 08:58 AM

My 1995 ti

I bought my 1995ti in October of 2004 with 83k miles on it, it was in great condition physically and mechanically with new brakes and clutch on my manual tranny. I got it for just under 6,000.

impulse922 08-24-2005 10:51 PM

Well i was flipping through the channels and happen to see it i dont believe it had sports package it appeared to be in good condition from what i could see ill call the number this weekend when i get a chance and get more info it said something that was like kbb value $6,500 though

pdxmotorhead 08-25-2005 05:17 PM

I paid 7800 for mine about 4 months ago. But its REALLY a creampuff.

Perfect black paint, Tan interior etc. had 79500 on the clock when I bought it.

Its a Active...

Dave

Phil Marx 08-28-2005 11:56 PM

I paid $5300 for mine 18 months ago with 122k but then it was a one-owner '98, meticulous maintenance history and records with the body-color rockers and bumpers, 5-spoke alloys, active package, and tractions control, dual airbags, etc. I've not seen anywhere that you even listed the mileage so it's a bit difficult to give you any comparative information except by chance. Have a look-see and come back with some more details.

-Phil